The Partick Thistle thread

2 hours ago, cilitbang said:

I would keep Bannigan as I think he will come good again. Storey is one of the few people we have with slight pace and can only improve from this season (surely?!) + has won us games (St Johnstone @ home). Controversially, I would keep and sell Spittal come January as he wreaks of fair weather player, so get a few good games whilst the weather is decent then punt in winter.

I would punt Nisbett too tbh.

Brannigan at the most should only be offered a pay as you play deal - we really can’t afford to hand him another 2 year contract in the hope that all his injury woes are behind him

Elliott has been a success after his injury and has slotted back in very well.
Osman looks like he's finished after his injury and has been reduced to hawking t-shirts and #itsnoteasy gewgaws.

Most of our injuries are like Osman rather than Elliott.
Time to cut our losses.

What’s everyone’s desires for the Accies-County showdown on Saturday.

Assuming we were to do our bit and win at 3pm, what’s our favoured result at lunchtime?

A County win sticks out in that it would see us sitting safe at the end of the afternoon but the downside is that it still leaves us vulnerable to finish up in 12th. That fear could of course be eased by then beating them at Firhill the following Friday.

24 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

What’s everyone’s desires for the Accies-County showdown on Saturday.

Assuming we were to do our bit and win at 3pm, what’s our favoured result at lunchtime?

A County win sticks out in that it would see us sitting safe at the end of the afternoon but the downside is that it still leaves us vulnerable to finish up in 12th. That fear could of course be eased by then beating them at Firhill the following Friday.

As you say, a County win/Jags win drags Hamilton well and truly into the mix. A draw/Jags win though would give us the opportunity to all but guarantee avoiding bottom spot by beating County the following week. With that in mind, my preference would be a draw.

All hinges on us avoiding defeat in Perth, though.

Back to clutching at straws, though I'm sure the maths will be going through a lot of heads. Break the season's mould with five wins and let the other chips fall.

20 minutes ago, Dr Koop said:

Back to clutching at straws, though I'm sure the maths will be going through a lot of heads. Break the season's mould with five wins and let the other chips fall.

It's pretty much this, yeah. We can't control what happens elsewhere, but a run of wins will pull us out of the shite.

1 minute ago, Thistle4eva said:

4 points from 2 games will do me. Next week is huge especially with Dundee Hamilton p laying each other next week. Question is if we beat county what result would suit us between between those 2 ?

I understand this maths stuff but, feck it, three wins. 

Just now, cilitbang said:

Being 4 pts behind Dee n Accies, I’d be happy for them to draw since it wouldn’t change us from needing to win vs County and Dundee to overhaul 5pts. 

Think it would be better for us if one of them won. I'd rather dunee beat Hamilton but we have them last game of the season.

On 28/04/2018 at 17:08, Thistle4eva said:

4 points from 2 games will do me. Next week is huge especially with Dundee Hamilton p laying each other next week. Question is if we beat county what result would suit us between between those 2 ?

A quick look at the as it stands + remaining fixtures, and some back of a fag packet stuff :

Relevant bit of the table from BBC (St Johnstone uncatchable for us as they're on 39 points:

image.png.64cba5cfe67d9df4c4eb0617af04b619.png

---

Thistle :

---

Friday 4th May : Ross County (H)

Tuesday 8th May : Motherwell (H)

Saturday 12th May: Dundee (A)

---

Dundee: 

---

Saturday 5th May : Hamilton (H)

Tuesday 8th May : County (A)

Saturday 12th May : Thistle (H)

---

Accies: 

---

Saturday 5th May : Dundee (A)

Tuesday 8th May : St Johnstone (H)

Saturday 12th May : Motherwell (A)

---

County : 

---

Saturday 5th May : Thistle (A)

Tuesday 8th May : Dundee (H)

Saturday 12th May : St Johnstone (A)

---

Our goal difference is a  worry because there's little chance of us getting a favourable swing through it. If we beat County then we go 5 clear of them and a point behind Hamilton and Dundee who play the next day. I'm hoping for a draw in that game or a heavy Accies win at a push, since it means (provided we've beaten County) that the result in the County - Dundee game subsequently benefits us whatever happens in our fixture against Motherwell, whereas if Dundee beat Accies and then lose to County it's not so good...

I'm not even countenancing losing to County. which just about kills us off.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

If it's not a draw I'd rather Dundee won tbh.

I don't trust us to have to go to Dens and get a result if Dundee were still in with a shout so if Dundee can beat Accies and Ross County in their next 2 and go into the final game safe and on their holidays I'd take our chances of going there knowing a result could put us 10th (or 11th if we f**k up one of our home games).