The Partick Thistle thread

I noticed watching the BBC Alba coverage back this morning that Doolan and Erskine went to Lambie’s funeral.

Those two are absolute class acts. They’ll be the two players from this era I tell my kids about in decades to come.

14 hours ago, Thistle4eva said:

Woods was very good today ! Elliott made 1 mistake and we got punished for it.

The last month or so I’ve thought Erskine was finished but the effort he put in today was unreal. 

Thought our shape looked a lot better today as well !  everyone put a good shift in today. 

Despite all of the above Accies should have gone 2-0 up a couple of times and it would be a whole different story this morning. Still - it was a must win and we won it which is all that matters 

Motherwell did well to not let their game slide prior to their Cup Final (they can do that when they come to Firhill)

3 hours ago, cyderspaceman said:

Down with this sort of thing! He should be banned.

Now we will need to have 2 threads for each match. Each from a fan of one of the teams involved.

4 more wins, please.

Who are we talking about ?

I say all the best to Ian. He’s done a good job and certainly been part of a successful spell with the club. Didn’t agree with all decisions made but he deserves a shot at the ‘big job’ even if it is a puppet position with limited power. Maybe he will shake some things up and at least get the SFA to be a more transparent organization toward the supporters. At least it’s not another Gordon Smith OF style appointment.

Thistle are more professionally run and we are definitely more prepared for any situation we’re handed. Ian played a role in that and so fair play to him. He loves the Jags as an ex player. Let’s hope we can get in someone who can ensure the ongoing training facility project is completed and we can get some players out and new ones in for next season. No matter what league we end up in.

I say all the best to Ian. He’s done a good job and certainly been part of a successful spell with the club. Didn’t agree with all decisions made but he deserves a shot at the ‘big job’ even if it is a puppet position with limited power. Maybe he will shake some things up and at least get the SFA to be a more transparent organization toward the supporters. At least it’s not another Gordon Smith OF style appointment.

Thistle are more professionally run and we are definitely more prepared for any situation we’re handed. Ian played a role in that and so fair play to him. He loves the Jags as an ex player. Let’s hope we can get in someone who can ensure the ongoing training facility project is completed and we can get some players out and new ones in for next season. No matter what league we end up in.

Ian Maxwell found imo.

Lol...

I for one don’t understand the lack of thanks for Maxwell. He does all the behind the scenes work that doesn’t get any affirmation from the supporters. Only abuse when decisions are made we don’t like. I didn’t agree with some decisions he and board made but he’s respected hence moving up to the CEO job for the country. Fair play to him. I am unapologetic in thanking him for helping put jags in a more professional and stable position.

FYI. If you haven’t heard the post match Doolan interview then you’ll want to. Just shows what a legend this man is. 100th league goal dedicated to Lambie, says he doesn’t want to play for anyone else and chokes up while saying it and discusses how he prefers the competition to work hard and get back in team. He’s some boy! [emoji7]

Also Archie’s interview was much better. Looked relieved and much happier.

Hopefully onwards and upwards!