The Partick Thistle thread

Just now, John Lambie said:

Is it true that John Lambie's dead?   Hoping it's a rumour but we've all got to go... 

Your username suggests otherwise.

In all seriousness though, my Dad just text me saying that there but can't find any news of it and he's not told me how he found out. Very sad if true.

Like Jackie Husband before him, I'm sure Lambie will live on at Firhill in one way or another.

I first experienced him as a ballboy in 92/93... he put the fear of God into everyone involved at Thistle.    

At HT during one game, he came striding down the stairs towards the washing room where all the ballboys congregated and shouted all sorts of expletives to everyone in the room.     I had just joined and never knew what to make of it but was eventually warned to stay out of this guy's way.  

I did until the Thistle 1-0 Morton game where he was walking up the steps between the supports and I managed to say hello and get a handshake. 

Looked like he'd calmed down by then. 

Absolutely gutting news. His spell in charge between 1999 and 2003 was a great time to be a Thistle fan. He steadied the ship after the “Save The Jags” days and returned us to the Premier League after two successive promotions which hasn’t been repeated since. 

Legend.

In an era now sadly which is devoid of characters he will be sorely missed. RIP.  Those Thistle teams of the 90's left an impression on this Jambo. Textile World on the shirts, Lambie puffing in the dugout. Happy days. 

10 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Absolutely gutting news. His spell in charge between 1999 and 2003 was a great time to be a Thistle fan. He steadied the ship after the “Save The Jags” days and returned us to the Premier League after two successive promotions which hasn’t been repeated since. 

Legend.

Two successive promotions and kept us up. With a Scottish Cup SF in there as well.

It really was a great few years after the Save The Jags period.