The Partick Thistle thread

Just about everyone has regressed this season, something must have happended behind beind the scenes else the team would look to be trying harder and it might explain some of the really odd team selections/omissions.

Maybe a new assistant with new ideas etc would have helped, maybe the players aren't responding as the current training etc has gone stale?

Edited by cilitbang

13 minutes ago, Steven Mill Out said:

Looking forward to giving a warm welcome back to Manpreet Singh FC when your relegation is confirmed in a couple of weeks.

Gubbed in the promotion stakes again? Better to have loved and lost, eh? :angel

1 hour ago, cilitbang said:

Just about everyone has regressed this season, something must have happended behind beind the scenes else the team would look to be trying harder and it might explain some of the really odd team selections/omissions.

Maybe a new assistant with new ideas etc would have helped, maybe the players aren't responding as the current training etc has gone stale?

Complacency. I think it's that simple. Always later, later, later with Thistle.

2 hours ago, Steven Mill Out said:

Looking forward to giving a warm welcome back to Manpreet Singh FC when your relegation is confirmed in a couple of weeks.

Name dropping a wee guy on a public forum.

Nonce IMO.

1 hour ago, TONTROOPER said:

SCENARIO 1:Ahhh...the short walk tae Failhill

2: Being shortchanged @ the turnstiles...wotzat?....scanners?

30 (Thirty) years and counting eh Ton ....that must hurt as much as two less quid in your pocket im sure .......

Looking forward to giving a warm welcome back to Manpreet FC when your relegation is confirmed in a couple of weeks.

The wee fella really gets under folks' skin, eh?

Now that we're down bar the shouting I wouldn't be totally adverse to Archie having a season in the Championship if he has a clear out of the players tbh.

He's a good Championship level manager. Twatting diddies like Queen of the South is his bread and butter.

Gnashed my teeth a bit when I heard Archibald's voice on the radio in the motor on the way up the road. Found it a bit strange that he replied, rather tersely,  when asked about whether he'd appreciate another public statement from the board that it wouldn't matter what the board do or say as it wouldn't make any difference to the players at this point.

Someone on the match thread said Robbie Neilson was in the JHS. Would assume its more likely that he's sizing up Killie if Clarke goes back to England, but perhaps not.

I can only assume that he's only still here because punting him means punting Paterson too, and we'd be left having to scramble to find a caretaker for the last few games although tbqfhwy you could make Jay Beattie the manager at this point and we'd still lose matches while creating f**k all.

Would probably rather have EDL Abdul in midfield than Osman, too.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

It’s pretty frustrating to see your club and its players pretty evidently accept relegation, with only a one point gap with 5 games to go.

Back to the Wilderness for us. Kudos to the fans today, dignified stuff.

Archie, Osman, Barton to leave over the Summer and I might muster some enthusiasm for next campaign.

Edited by milhouse

There’s no point in him going now. If he goes then Paterson and Mackenzie will be away too so there’s no one who can step in. The only people daft enough to take the job will be morons like John Hughes.

I was one of the ones a couple months ago sticking up for him but I was wrong. We’re gone and Archie should be in the summer too.