The Partick Thistle thread

10 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

WTF has happened to him, he was dominating midfield battles I thought last season? 

Draper had a great game last night for County but Osman was nowhere to be seen. 

He clearly doesn't give a solitary f**k anymore. 

He'll be living the dream next season dicking about in the conference and punting shite hats to Paul Pogba.

8 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Certainly best squad in numbers and in terms of players who should be capable of playing first team football.

The problem is Archibald seems unable to manage said squad. This has lead to a constant chopping and changing and we find ourselves staring doen the barrel of a gun and it seems he still doesn't know his best starting formation.

Clearly, they're not. This is where we've allowed ourselves (the fans) to be led up the garden path. 

29 minutes ago, Dr Koop said:

Clearly, they're not. This is where we've allowed ourselves (the fans) to be led up the garden path. 

Almost all of them proved last year that they are capable.

Does the ability of a whole team fall off a cliff in one season? I doubt it.

52 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Almost all of them proved last year that they are capable.

Does the ability of a whole team fall off a cliff in one season? I doubt it.

Good point, but if it hasn't fallen off a cliff, where has it gone?

I'd forgotten about Neilson until last night when the missus suggested him.
He might be out of our reach, as you say, but where does he go from here? An unsuccessful year at MK Dons isn't likely to open many doors down south.

He had an unsuccessful season with MK Dons for a reason. He's not very good.

3 hours ago, tree house tam said:

We can relegate you fuckers. Everything to play for pal.

Whatever gets you off mate.

Personally I don't care what no mark club officially relegates us.
We've been in steady decline since before Christmas and we deserve to go. I'm looking forward to a new season and a fresh start without the dross we have playing for us.

You go back to watching Premiership superstars like Chris Kane and Liam Craig.

Well, he ain’t going anywhere guys. Beattie et al will have decided that Archibald stays regardless of relegation, and they aren’t going back on that decision now. He’s only going if we are propping up the Championship table this time next year.

And I’ll probably still renew my season ticket, fool that I am. Tacit acceptance of failure #notsocuddly

Edited by milhouse

We sold our best player in years and part of the SPFL Premiership Team of the Year Liam Lindsay for £350k plus a few bottles of ginger as add-ons to Barnsley; meanwhile, Dundee sold ex-Jag Jack Hendry for £1M+ after about 5 games for them and just turned down a reported £2M including add-ons for Steven Caulker.

image.png.7b281b481b2c68e96b908a89fc2c9649.png

30 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

You boys need to pull yourselves together. You’re stuck with Archie and you need to get right behind him and the team. This league needs more Thistle and less Cunty and Hammies. Man up ffs.

We’ve already been behind him for more than enough you moron. If he was an ex-Old Firm player he’d have been chased out of Firhill months ago.

You boys need to pull yourselves together. You’re stuck with Archie and you need to get right behind him and the team. This league needs more Thistle and less Cunty and Hammies. Man up ffs.

The league needs the best 12 teams in the country?

Not the 12 best supported teams in the country. Even then I doubt Partick will be in the league.

2 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

We sold our best player in years and part of the SPFL Premiership Team of the Year Liam Lindsay for £350k plus a few bottles of ginger as add-ons to Barnsley; meanwhile, Dundee sold ex-Jag Jack Hendry for £1M+ after about 5 games for them and just turned down a reported £2M including add-ons for Steven Caulker.

image.png.7b281b481b2c68e96b908a89fc2c9649.png

And people said how a £1m price tag for Lindsay was wildly optimistic. That transfer set the tone for a season of skants-round-the-ankles submission. 

It’s been alarming just how many of our players - most of them seasoned enough pros - have gone hiding or just looked plain uninterested when the pressure’s been on, but the key turning point for me was the 2-1 defeat to Dundee: the old Archibald habit of sitting on a narrow lead  late in a game that backfired and brought us right into the shit. The squad is dying for a breath of fresh air and I don’t see where it comes from without a change of manager.

If we’re to do it before the end of the season then my only condition is that it’s a  gnashing lunatic who will put these shysters through hell. A daily training regime of gruelling cross country, bare knuckle boxing and 20 lengths of the pool with a ball and chain round the ankles.

We’ve already been behind him for more than enough you moron. If he was an ex-Old Firm player he’d have been chased out of Firhill months ago.

I was trying to be supportive! It doesn’t look like he’s getting punted was my point. If he does get the boot then fair enough. He seems like a good guy from the outside but the league doesn’t lie I suppose. Anyway sorry - I wasn’t trying to upset any Jags.

26 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

If we’re to do it before the end of the season then my only condition is that it’s a  gnashing lunatic who will put these shysters through hell. A daily training regime of gruelling cross country, bare knuckle boxing and 20 lengths of the pool with a ball and chain round the ankles.

On the up-side he’ll do it for 3 pigeons and a bottle of Pantene Pro V.

Archie fucked off to Dundee United years ago, which is fine, its a short career, make the most money you can, but he seen the way things were coming apart when Gerry Collins came in, and like a few others, left for greener pastures.  It was best for Alan Archibald that he left, but not the club.

He then came back and signed a two and a half year deal, with the added promise of a testimonial.  The best move for his career at that time. 

Now its best for Partick Thistle he moves on. Although part of me feels, that it would be a scummy thing to do to sack him here and now, even if theres a multitude of people out there who might give us a shot in the arm for 5-6 games. Even if we are safe, I think the whole thing has reached its peak. Archie has been loyal to us, hes had opportunities, albeit not great, to go to jobs in England and he hasn't, but I think its a bit naive to think  he will always value the clubs own interests alongside his own, as evidenced above.

Theres a weird pals act at Thistle. Maxi the GM, Gerry Britton running the youth. Archie, Shaggy, Kenny Arthur. That's not a problem if its working, but it all feels far too safe and cosy.

We constantly have players who remain at the club for years, despite barely kicking a ball, for whatever reason.  Scully, Fraser, Welsh, Dumbuya, Bannigan, Nisbet. 

There will be mourning whenever Archie eventually does go, such is the atmosphere about the club, its all a bit happy clappy. Where as others throw managers out and move onto the next week, no sentiment.  

Foot. Telly.

Partick Thistle captain Abdul Osman believes his side can avoid relegation from the Premiership - if they refuse to let their confidence be dented by the midweek mauling by relegation rivals Ross County. (Daily Record, print edition)