The Partick Thistle thread

There is still plenty to play for. I am certain the three at the bottom will now be fighting it out.  Remaining fixtures 

Dundee (28pts)....Hearts (h) Celtic (a) Sevco (a)

Thistle (25pts)....Hibs (a) Ross Co (a) Killie (h)

Ross Co (22pts)...Celtic (a) Thistle (h)  Hibs (h)

Despite Sevco's poor form I can only see Dundee getting something against Hearts, think our only chance of points is v County and likewise I think County's only chance of points is against us. If Dundee win the next game they will likely open up a gap that will be hard to close down as I cant see us or County getting anything in our next game. If Hearts beat Dundee it's gonna be a three way battle all the way to the last game of the season.

Edited by Sting777

With our squad of players there is no way we should be in the position we are. It’s then logical to suggest Archie has run out of steam. He’s got to show his abilities now. He’s got a couple of massive games coming before split. If we don’t pick up a win I think we could finish 12th never mind 11th. Players should be ashamed of themselves. Accies, Saints have both shown fight to pick up points with a less talented team on Park.
I’ve always thought we lacked leadership in side. Osman has been good for us but I never thought he was a top captain. Dools and Erskine seem to be our two veterans but we lack some real grit and I think that comes from having a couple of solid leaders on the park.

I find the first sentence in this post interesting. It's certainly been the theme of the season but surely it's "With our squad of players there's every reason we're in the position we're in".

How do you describe a squad of players flirting with automatic relegation? One that blows leads, points and advantages with heartbreaking ease?

Not "the best squad we've had in years", that's for sure. The most succinct word I can find is "crap". Some of the parts are smashing players, but the whole is "crap".

That said, there's actually one route to becoming the best Jags squad in years and that's by these lads leaving the club as most of them found it - a top-flight outfit. Digging yourselves out of the fucking grubber is as much an achievement as making the top six and then having your arses booted right, left and centre because you packed for Lanzarote five weeks early.

[emoji1]

With our squad of players there is no way we should be in the position we are.

Your squad is garbage, the worst team I’ve seen in the league this season. All the Partick fans I’ve seen where waiting on Osman coming back and he’s been brutal. Keown is a donkey. Storey is pish. Devine is the worst centre half in the league. Spittal and Lawless flatter to deceive. Doolan and Sammon are the only reason you aren’t cut adrift.

You consistently throw away games in the last ten minutes. Where do you realistically think Partick should be?

FWIW I hope it’s Dundee in the play offs but your post here is ridiculous.

Plenty of our squad have proven to be quite good at this level. Keown was great last season, and Osman has been for the past 3 - I don't think it's unrealistic to say that they have totally underperformed this year. Storey has also been a good player in this league, although that was with ICT. I'll give you Devine being terrible and Spittal being a shitebag, but other than that, the players we have shouldn't have us down in 11th, tbh. I don't think our squad is garbage at all, if you look at it on paper.

Unfortunately, the game isn't played on paper, though. What we're lacking just now is any kind of direction, and the same thing we've been missing for years now; a bit of fucking bottle.

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Your squad is garbage, the worst team I’ve seen in the league this season. All the Partick fans I’ve seen where waiting on Osman coming back and he’s been brutal. Keown is a donkey. Storey is pish. Devine is the worst centre half in the league. Spittal and Lawless flatter to deceive. Doolan and Sammon are the only reason you aren’t cut adrift.

You consistently throw away games in the last ten minutes. Where do you realistically think Partick should be?

Devine, Keown, Osman, Lawless were all good last season when we finished top 6.
They, including Doolan have been gash this season so they are either all underperforming or collectively turned utter into pish footballers  in the pre-season.

Even with that if Archiblad could see out a game with 10 minutes to go we'd at least be above Dundee.

We should be comfortably above dross like Hamilton Accies. The fact we’re not is a damning indictment on our management team.

Spot on. 

We should be comfortably above dross like Hamilton Accies. The fact we’re not is a damning indictment on our management team.

We have a game changer in Templeton though and had one of the best young midfielders in Scotland in Docherty for half the season before he has his head turned by the ****.

Our defence is a shambles as well, but we’re scoring goals Partick aren’t.

Like I said I’d rather Partick finished 10th over Dundee but they won’t be afraid to bullet McCann and get the dead cat bounce again this season.

I don’t know what Archibald was on when he thought Osman and Woods in central midfield away to Hearts was a good idea - easily tired legs just begging to be overrun. 

Ryan Edwards has more than enough faults, but being part of a central midfield three gives him freedom to go and pressure opposition players which is his only redeeming feature. Have him supporting Osman and add in McCarthy who has always proven at least a combative player, and we’re as close to last season’s successful 11 as we can get, with Barton also back in beside Keown and Cargill.

Injuries have been a big part of our troubles this season but now with only Bannigan still missing, an international break coming up and our strongest starting 11 staring the manager in the face, the excuses are wearing thin. 

Just now, tree house tam said:

:lol:

Partick are, and in my lifetime always have been, pish m8.

:lol: must be decent gear down your way.

Yup, there's only one diddy team in the league we've managed to beat three times this season... 

Just now, jagfox99 said:

Yup, there's only one diddy team in the league we've managed to beat three times this season... 

We're very charitable, love to help the needy.

You do know if it comes down to it, when needed we would scud you. Refer to Dundee fc, we try and keep them in the league every fucking season by letting them win 2 or 3 times. Has worked well so far.

4 hours ago, tree house tam said:

We're very charitable, love to help the needy.

You do know if it comes down to it, when needed we would scud you. Refer to Dundee fc, we try and keep them in the league every fucking season by letting them win 2 or 3 times. Has worked well so far.

St Johnstone's commitment to entertaining fans of every team is amazing, as has been covered many times before.  

4 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

We'll forgive you as long as you do the same to United next season 

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 23:12, Nightmare said:

Today was the first day where I've genuinely had any thoughts about agreeing with the 'Archie out' sentiment. But when you get 11 men who turn up and put in as much of an utterly spineless, pathetic performance as that first half today, it's hard not to start thinking these kinds of things. It really did look like he's run out of ideas.

In terms of value for money, today might be the worst I've ever seen as a Thistle fan. £26 for that performance. f**k off.

Your away supporters deserve medals for following that pish. :(

15 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

An injudicious opinion as Accies may well end up signing a couple of Thistle's talented waifs in the close season. Have fun. ;)