The Partick Thistle thread

35 minutes ago, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

are hearts tickets on sale to non season ticket holders? can't log into the site

From 4pm today for general sale.

Edited by jagfox99

On 09/03/2018 at 09:06, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

are hearts tickets on sale to non season ticket holders? can't log into the site

On sale from today without any limits. Selling the more expensive seats (rear section) first.

Shooting from every angle and distance 

Rattling the ball off celtic fans 

Picking up 9 game ban for stoving in a Dunfermline player's head in a reserve game 

Loves :

Being injured 

Edit : even when he was fit there was a problem with where to play him. His best asset is his range of passing, so ideally he'd be suited to a deep midfield role, but he would give the ball away lots in that position, and if you played him further forward he'd just shoot all the time. 

Also I don't think he's started a game in nearly 2 years and has had a few aborted comeback attempts. 

Grateful for that goal at tynecastle, obviously but I think injuries have done for him. 

Edited by Fuctifano

21 minutes ago, Scosha said:

We’ve signed Gary Fraser on loan. Is he any good? 

blob.png.e61f34ecc91a17ec6db537ff01b5f49f.png 

blob.png.27008590958e5ab8df9abb9aaf16cb83.png

blob.png.7bfb74e0bd7646d6e350325c8b0e0608.png

But more seriously - leaving aside the possibility of a top bantz debut, he's had a horrendous injury track record, hasn't looked sharp whenever he's featured for us recently. Not much of a goalscoring midfielder if that's what you're hoping for, but I've always thought he's got a good range of passing, quite capable of spraying the ball accurately over very long distances. Could work well with Quitongo.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

20 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

blob.png.e61f34ecc91a17ec6db537ff01b5f49f.png 

blob.png.27008590958e5ab8df9abb9aaf16cb83.png

blob.png.7bfb74e0bd7646d6e350325c8b0e0608.png

But more seriously - leaving aside the possibility of a top bantz debut, he's had a horrendous injury track record, hasn't looked sharp whenever he's featured for us recently. Not much of a goalscoring midfielder if that's what you're hoping for, but I've always thought he's got a good range of passing, quite capable of spraying the ball accurately over very long distances. Could work well with Quitongo.

He might make his debut tonight against Livingston.

Quitongo is injured, who knows how long for.

We have no idea what we are hoping for, no idea why we have signed a midfielder out of the blue, and genuinely have no idea where Duffy will try to shoehorn him in, depends what the tombola picks.

On 3/12/2018 at 13:32, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

Got a couple this morning, 'plenty left' apparently.

There was me holding off for £19 Lower Stand tickets, as well. Looks like I'll be giving this one a miss due to how skint I am.

Also, Gary Fraser is #sumboi. Was great when he signed, and the start of his second season with us (ie when his injuries started) he looked like he was turning into a properly excellent midfielder. Would love to see him get back to that sort of form, but his inability to stay fit for more than 20 minutes has properly ruined any potential he has/had.

I'm seeing lots of "he's done a great job"  at firhill as chief executive around the Internet but not sure what folk are basing this on?

Not saying he hasn't, I'm obviously just not privy to whatever information people are using to come to this conclusion. 

It may be as way off the mark as those who think he's done a good job but all I can see is someone who was fortunate enough to be in the job at a time where a lottery millionaire decided to help us out and the management and playing staff have (so far) kept us in the top division where there's more money to be made.

2 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Maxy strongly linked with the top job at the SFA. Maybe he can engineer us a decent cup draw next season?

Total b*****d status should be conferred  the moment the paddle hits his arse and he shouts, 'Thank you sir! May I have another?"

22 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I'm seeing lots of "he's done a great job"  at firhill as chief executive around the Internet but not sure what folk are basing this on?

Not saying he hasn't, I'm obviously just not privy to whatever information people are using to come to this conclusion. 

Thanks to the presence of the Weirs and a board that consisted mainly of folk who looked to be there as window dressing, it's hard to say how Maxy performed.