The Partick Thistle thread

Is there really anyone left who is happy for Archie to stay as manager, even if/when we get relegated? Team selection has been atrocious for months, and he ignores blatantly obvious substitutions (Dundee last week, Spittal today, etc etc).

Same mistakes every week, time to go Archie.

The arse has totally fallen out of Archie's reign. I don't have any faith in him and this bunch of fairies to stay up, nor grind out results in the league below. 

I'm happy to let him even get a crack of the whip however in the 1st division, but games like today are really testing my patience in terms of that.

A sad aspect to this horror show is that I don't think Archie and Paterson can be accused of not caring - the shambles this season has been will be hurting them a lot. Same goes for at least some of the players (I'm thinking Doolan, Erskine and Cerny in particular).

They've got until the end of the season to find a way to keep us up, barring a heavy defeat against County which could conceivably see them leave and the club take a last gamble on New Manager Bounce saving our arses post split. It's hard to look beyond that when we're in a position of not knowing what league we'll be in. If they scrape us to safety via the play-offs should they stay? Should they be punted only if we  contrive to finish bottom? Who would be available as a replacement? edit: I don't think they're easy questions at all.

The worry for me is that if they leave we might end up with someone like Terry Butcher or John Hughes. (although to be fair to Butcher did he not come in as a defensive coach between jobs while we were in the 1st division and we were able to stay up? edit: a quick check shows my memory isn't totally shot to shit, he was in for less than a month when Campbell got punted to assist Jimmy Bone)

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Is there really anyone left who is happy for Archie to stay as manager, even if/when we get relegated? Team selection has been atrocious for months, and he ignores blatantly obvious substitutions (Dundee last week, Spittal today, etc etc).

Same mistakes every week, time to go Archie.

Quite a few on twitter will defend him regardless. Our fans can be fickle as hell, a trait shared with most football fans, but we're never going to progress in this current set up. Even worse we are now regressing badly and the injury argument is no longer applicable. We may, just may, survive as we have each season as we seem to always pull it off but yeah, see St Mirren.

39 minutes ago, leefy118 said:
57 minutes ago, Snakebite said:
+1

?????

Carstairs is for those criminals who commit crimes due to mental factors.

The plus one is coz he couldn't be arsed green dotting you.

Thank you.

Realistically, Archibald is only getting binned if we are bottom 2 in the Championship this time next year, by which stage you’d have to think The Cult of Archie would be done for the majority of the support. 

Plenty more results like today to look forward to in 2K18, folks.

The saddest thing about this 5 years in the top division which is screeching to a halt is that this is the best shot we've had to do anything, something, in the last 35 years, but we have done absolutely f**k all of note. There's been at various stages at least one and normally more of Rangers, Hearts, Hibs, and Dundee United not in the top league. What have we had?  Yes, top 6 finish, good, but not something I'm going to be telling the grandkids about.

Any great results? Nah.

Cup runs? Nah.

Mind that time we left Lyle Taylor and Doolan on the bench vs an Inverness team we were 7-1 up on aggregate against that season?  and Miles fucking Storey ripped us to bits? Mind that time we played 3-6-1 vs a Dundee United team that couldn't kick their own arse and who were on their way to relegation and lost 1-0? Mind the defeats to Championship sides in the League Cup?

Well what about the league? I'll give you the 4-2 vs (an emasculated) Hearts which probably is the best result we've had as we dug it out when it mattered. What about wins vs the bigger teams? Well we got one draw against Celtic when we probably should have won, and let's not even start on our constant bottle jobs against the other arse cheek? 1-0 up and losing 2-1 twice in one season- it's like the team want to hurt us. We even make Aberdeen look like AC Milan circa 1990.

5 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

The saddest thing about this 5 years in the top division which is screeching to a halt is that this is the best shot we've had to do anything, something, in the last 35 years, but we have done absolutely f**k all of note. There's been at various stages at least one and normally more of Rangers, Hearts, Hibs, and Dundee United not in the top league. What have we had?  Yes, top 6 finish, good, but not something I'm going to be telling the grandkids about.

Any great results? Nah.

Cup runs? Nah.

Mind that time we left Lyle Taylor and Doolan on the bench vs an Inverness team we were 7-1 up on aggregate against that season?  and Miles fucking Storey ripped us to bits? Mind that time we played 3-6-1 vs a Dundee United team that couldn't kick their own arse and who were on their way to relegation and lost 1-0? Mind the defeats to Championship sides in the League Cup?

Well what about the league? I'll give you the 4-2 vs (an emasculated) Hearts which probably is the best result we've had as we dug it out when it mattered. What about wins vs the bigger teams? Well we got one draw against Celtic when we probably should have won, and let's not even start on our constant bottle jobs against the other arse cheek? 1-0 up and losing 2-1 twice in one season- it's like the team want to hurt us. We even make Aberdeen look like AC Milan circa 1990.

Sounds great supporting thistle, enjoy greenock.

Quite a few on twitter will defend him regardless. Our fans can be fickle as hell, a trait shared with most football fans, but we're never going to progress in this current set up. Even worse we are now regressing badly and the injury argument is no longer applicable. We may, just may, survive as we have each season as we seem to always pull it off but yeah, see St Mirren.

The Twitter fuds are almost as bad as those on WAT.

Davy Mains, Raymond Stark and, bizarrely, our former physio and unashamed massive Hibee Kenny Crichton, to name a few would still be defending Archie if we got relegated to League 2 in consecutive seasons.

7 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Any great results? Nah.

Cup runs? Nah.

Played good football for a bit though.