The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, Jacky1990 said:

Not going to the game so might be a daft idea....but might be nice to start a "One Liam Miller" chant in the 43rd minute of today's match. Show we really are Glasgow's good c*nts.

Using a player’s tragic death to show that we’re ‘good c***s’?

f**k off.

Edited by Hammer Jag

3 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Bad choice of words on my part.  But think it would be a nice touch.

If there’s a minutes silence or applause then join in of course, but this relatively modern trend of football fans using a tragic event to give their own support a pat on the back is as creepy as it is nauseating.

14 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

If there’s a minutes silence or applause then join in of course, but this relatively modern trend of football fans using a tragic event to give their own support a pat on the back is as creepy as it is nauseating.

Ok, let me rephrase. I think it would be good for our fans to pay tribute to a young man who lost his life and used to play for our opposition today on the minute of the number he used to wear for them. That is all.   

Edited by Jacky1990

On 07/02/2018 at 18:42, Fuctifano said:

Quick list of Scottish teams who have beaten either Rangers or Celtic since we last did

Aberdeen

Hibs

Hearts

Motherwell

Killie

Dundee

St Johstone

Hamilton

Ross County

St Mirren

Dundee Utd

Livingston

Morton

Dunfermline

QoS

Inverness

Falkirk

Raith

Alloa

Forfar

Peterhead

Stirling

Annan

Edit: I think we're at 29 games vs Celtic without a win and 30 vs Rangers (in both incarnations). Both are club records by some distance.

Might be able to add League One Ayr Utd to this list.

edit: or perhaps not

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

I know results aren't the be all and end all for the development squad, but I saw we got pumped again today, which seemed like a recurring pattern- here are the last 9 games:

1-4

0-6

2-5

4-1 (yay)

3-6

1-4

3-3

1-4

1-3

We also, much like the first team, never seem to have a full amount of subs. Probably a lot of chopping and changing doesn't help with results.

edit: good to see Christie back, in 2 weeks time full back will probably be our most covered area after having just McGinn on his own for about 4 months.

Edited by Fuctifano

So lads, where does today rank among previous gutless capitulation's from Thistle over the last few years?

i) 

image.png.6a3f47e058483805bb60ea955d87059d.png

A phenomenal individual performance from Higgy rendered pointless in the end

ii)

image.png.a625c9b31ff5758b8b9c236d146589f2.png

The Conrad Balatoni Show

iii) + iv)

image.png.bc998151efb5d774e1df30b046ebe182.pngimage.png.bf13e1855bbc28f3be722e63a63b2aad.png 

no fucking comment

v)

image.png.e1d358865d3efe19a0b20756b1c06353.png

A draw against an absolutely shite Inverness side

vi)

image.thumb.png.9c373c7ebb87dd1c3ea4f78d1f4344ca.png

Seaborne has a header cleared off the line by Tierney a few minutes prior to 10 men Celtic scoring via a ridiculously jammy goal when a Commons shot deflected into the path of Griffiths.

vii)

image.png.bbfcab13f470fc8c3e92d58c66c4da14.png

Today's shitshow

Honourable mention to the game against County where we lost to avoid out on finishing in the top 6.

From this season there's also 84+ min goals for Aberdeen and County.

There's something wrong, either mentally, physically or tactically with the way we prepare for games and how we set up when in winning positions. Probably a combination of all three. Happens too often to be coincidence.

image.png

image.png

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely