The Partick Thistle thread

One swallow doesn't make a summer BUT it is very reassuring to see that our returnees look to make us so much better balanced and tighter at the back

Worrying that Penrice is only contracted until the end of the season. I’d make that a priority for the board.

Fraser is listed as injured (along with Elliott and Bannigan) on the BBC preview, f**k knows about Woods.

I’m hoping this is just the bbc being shit at knowing anything about us.

What’s quite lovely is how killie & Well fans have been banging on about how good they’ve been this season and Steve Clarke is god etc... All the while we’ve been absolutely howling all season, until recently and we’re only 5 and 3 points behind them respectively. [emoji23][emoji23]

2 hours ago, thistledo said:

I’m hoping this is just the bbc being shit knowing anything about us.

What’s quite lovely is how killie & Well fans have been banging on about how good they’ve been this season and Steve Clarke is god etc... All the while we’ve been absolutely howling all season, until recently and we’re only 5 and 3 points behind them respectively. emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Ifs and buts but if we’d drawn the two games with Killie we’d be above them in the table. If we’d won them we’d be in sixth place. Fine margins indeed.

Is the rearranged game vs the orcs on TV? I can't see it listed anywhere, BT have German cup QFs and Sky have the English diddy cup with Lincoln vs Chelsea U23s(!)

I think it would be the first time since the advent of the SPL in 1998 a home league game vs either arse cheek wasn't on TV if so.

In terms of "best" team it would depend on whether Dumbuya can get back to his 15/16 levels, if so he's clearly our best RB but I'm doubtful he will. The good thing is we have a squad and can use different players / formations  for different types of game.

I wonder if despite Archie's statements we'll look to bring a 31st Jan signing who hardly plays again? Someone (Nitrianksy) would have to leave first I'd imagine.

Edited by Fuctifano

9 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

I don't see us bringing anyone else in. Bench was full yesterday and that was without Mccarthy and Penrice.

Unlikely to happen but I would be tempted to sound Hearts out about getting The Fish on a deal before the window closes, though wages might be a stumbling block. He has at last solved a problem we have always had up front. A big, pacy striker that can hold the ball up, good in the air and scores goals. Sign the Fish!

Edited by Sting777

1 minute ago, Sting777 said:

Unlikely to happen but I would be tempted to sound Hearts out about getting The Fish on a deal before the window closes, though wages might be a stumbling block. He has at last solved a problem we have always had up front. A big, pacy striker that can hold the ball up, good in the air and scores goals. 

I don't think any Thistle fan would be adverse to that bit of business.

Funny after the pelters Co not was getting from some quarters earlier this season.  

6 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Funny after the pelters Co not was getting from some quarters earlier this season.  

Indeed. I was certainly Meh about the signing, but the big fella has been a revelation since he got a run in the side.

One of the good things about Sammon is that he’s not quite good enough to attract interest from down south so we could hold on to him for a good few seasons. 

I would be soundingr out Cargill already tbh. His contract at Bournemouth expires this summer. We could be seen as a really good platform for Premiership youngsters that haven’t quite made it or need gametime then we sell them to a Championship team with a sell on. 

Think the issue with Sammon would be wages, his contract at Hearts is til 2019 and I don't think they'd be difficult to deal with but at 31 he's probably going to get offered less money as time goes on so it'll come down to what sort of severance deal he can get.

Also, as good as yesterday was, we're still in the playoff spot so planning for next year isn't the easiest.

Unfortunately, that isn’t unusual recently from Thistle supporters. The new players aren’t even given a game before they get written off as duds

On 30/12/2017 at 18:15, Thistle_do_nicely said:

taking stock again:

image.png.2620ebfee5782cfb9a045470f7da85cf.png

Got a full 3 weeks or so before the cup game which is good; having such a short gap between the QotS game and the Celtic game, however, is shite, and gives us a headache for how we rotate the squad.

A 1-0 win away in Perth, getting through in the cup game (no replay pls), and a draw against either arsecheek while avoiding any major hammering to the GD and ideally avoiding any last minute shitebaggery to chuck away points would be par for the month imo.

A little bit off due to the postponement of the Rangers* game, but nonetheless:

Image result for jazz club gif

I was just looking at the schedule. Out with a cup game v east end zombies we’ve got 5 winnable league February fixtures that in my book gives us the ability to either make a charge for top 6 or get relegated. Make or break our season. I think our form is on the up and I’m optimistic. I even think we can beat the forces of darkness in our rearranged fixture. Oh how I am waiting for the day we steam roll those c***s. We’ve got Well’, Dundee, County and Accies. We need to win 3 of 4 of those games. If we do I think we can finish minimum 8th. To finish top 6 we need to take a Sevco or Aberdeen scalp and we never seem to be able to make that happen. Can this year be that year!?

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Think the issue with Sammon would be wages, his contract at Hearts is til 2019 and I don't think they'd be difficult to deal with but at 31 he's probably going to get offered less money as time goes on so it'll come down to what sort of severance deal he can get.

Also, as good as yesterday was, we're still in the playoff spot so planning for next year isn't the easiest.

One thing about Sammon that might sway him one way or another is that I'm pretty sure I seen him walking about town with his partner and a wee baby (happy to be proven wrong on that one). Might work well for us if he's looking for somewhere to settle for family reasons?