The Partick Thistle thread

5 hours ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

I’m not seeing Bannigan mentioned much in the general ‘players returning from injury’ comments, eg ET articles. Anyone know if he’s close to playing again?

Six weeks away...

12 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd String said:

Archie said that while being interviewed in Spain. An exclusive? We won't sign anyone.

Why the pessimistic view that we won't sign anyone? Many players have come in and out under Archie's reign, we need another CB so... I can't see why it won't happen. 

I don't expect it to be anyone amazing, given we have been forced last minute to look for options. Which might mean an average loan signing until the end of the season, better than playing people out of position every other week. 

We'll rip up Nitriansky's contract once Dumbuya is back and plays one game, before he gets injured the next week and we're back to zero cover at FB.

I get the feeling Milan would be fine for some other clubs in the division (St Johnstone-types with a rigid back 4). Solid enough and he'd love sitting at RB chipping balls into the channel for a team that played like that, but considering we expect our fullbacks/wingbacks to offer some mobility and get up and down, his pace (or complete lack of) makes him pretty useless for us.

35 minutes ago, Reid said:

Baily Cargill from. Bournemouth according to Alan Nixon.

He is top of the list of similar players when you go to Jordan Turnbull's Transfermarkt page :lol:

Edited by jagfox99