The Partick Thistle thread

1 minute ago, Barney Rubble said:

No beef - smashing player and great to have him back, even if prone to injury.

However disappearing for 9 months isn't normal. There may be a reason for it (allegedly).

Such as? :huh:

Shit, he wasn’t pregnant was he? 

I see Motherwell have picked up another experienced central defender from England. I wonder if we've got any targets in that position for this window?

Linked with Halkett and one of the Morton defenders but not sure if we'll pay a fee to get them this month?

Any other rumours or are we going with the status quo? 

Either of the names jagfox mentioned would be a bit of a departure for us, I don't think Archie has signed a young guy without any top flight experience from below the top division in Scotland to go straight into the first team. Spittal probably the closest but he'd obviously played a bit with DU at this level. 

2 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

I see Motherwell have picked up another experienced central defender from England. I wonder if we've got any targets in that position for this window?

Linked with Halkett and one of the Morton defenders but not sure if we'll pay a fee to get them this month?

Any other rumours or are we going with the status quo? 

I'm not sure if we/Rangers would be due a development fee for Halkett. Unsure how all of that works but he's been offered a two year deal with us

If we have 3 CBs in Barton, Devine and Keown, with fit full backs and Osman & Woods as defensive mids I don’t see us shelling out for another player.

The only way I think is if Archie finds a left footer like Turnbull was for balance but that may be hard to come by.

Aye but Archie said Penrice was only playing centre half to plug the gap. He didn’t want to risk Niall since Danny is suspended for a couple of league games.

He may have toughened up while at Livi but he’d get bullied if he started at centre half in the Premiership.

I agree that a signing would be situational. If there’s a left sided player available I could see us making a move but with the extra coverage from midfield in Osman, we could cope with what we have.