The Partick Thistle thread

Hasn't Penrice has played in that same role for us?
We need Archie not to take his sweet ass time again getting the perfect guy in.
All he needs to be is better than Devine. It's not that hard.
He has but he's not the experienced, tested centre half we need right now. As has been outlined by others cerny has had far too many saves to make this season owing to a lack of protection in front of him

44 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Hasn't Penrice has played in that same role for us?

We need Archie not to take his sweet ass time again getting the perfect guy in.
All he needs to be is better than Devine. It's not that hard.

All his game time at livi has been at left mid or central mid, apparently been very creative for them. Would be a huge waste even trying to turn him into a centre half.

As much as it's frustrating to unexpectedly lose him, I can't say I was ever taken by Turnbull. He did a reasonable job as a makeshift left back and we were maybe unfortunate that we didn't see more of him as a left sided centre half in a back three but he never stood out as anything markedly better than what we have.

It means we're now going to have spend time and money on a place in the squad that we thought was filled though which is the most frustrating thing.

Edited by Armand 2

Lads look in good fettle out in Marbella. Sun is shining and whilst news of Turnbull is disappointing I am hope that Archie can solidify Barton back in defense now (clearly his best position) with Osman, Banzo back and Fraser will be improving over this month. So we’ve got more options for sure.

I would think another defender will be incoming so we just have to wait and see. We’ve also now got Muzzy, Booth and Penrice back. Is Christie also back?

Thats potentially 7 players slotting back in, so definitely feel after a decent December with 1 maybe 2 additions we’ll be ready for season to start again.

For me a central defender is high priority as if one of Keown, Devine or Barton gets injured we’ll be very limited like we had been with so many full backs injured first half of season.

I’m excited to get Penrice on the field. I think this kid will shine and so excited to have him back with a line of sight to cement his position in the team.

Its good to have all these names back in training, but let's be honest, other than Christie Elliott, I don't particularly trust any of them to return to their top level of fitness quickly and/or to not get crocked again a few games down the line.

New faces are an absolute must. Will be really disappointing if we don't bring in a CB and CM at the very minimum.

ETA, probably have Booth in there with Christie as well.

Edited by Nightmare

4 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

We can't have another overage player on loan from the SPFL though unless we bin Sammon or sign him permanently.

Apparently you can but not two from same club.

Its good to have all these names back in training, but let's be honest, other than Christie Elliott, I don't particularly trust any of them to return to their top level of fitness quickly and/or to not get crocked again a few games down the line.
New faces are an absolute must. Will be really disappointing if we don't bring in a CB and CM at the very minimum.

Agreed. I am sure a lot of supporters have this concern but here’s hoping you’re wrong.

18 hours ago, Nightmare said:

It's gonna be a difficult balancing act for Archie and the board re new faces. If all our crocks come back (and yes, it's a big if)  the competition for places is going to be fierce all over the place. It could be that it might be just the one in and that will be a replacement for Turnbull. A lot might depend on Osmans, Bannigans and Frasers ability to hit the ground running at the end of this month as to whether we consider another midfielder.