The Partick Thistle thread

I don't think he's getting a game for Annan, maybe it's a step towards coaching for him. 

On the transfer side of things if Draper is out of favour I think he'd be a great signing. I also hear that Jim O'Brien also at County is likely to be out the door. Would take either/both tbh. 

4 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

O'Brien is very likely to leave County in January.  Draper isn't.  County would be mental to let O'Brien go to Thistle in the circumstances, but they've got form for that.

What's the story with O'Brien not playing and is he any good? A County supporting chum of mine seems to rate him. 

29 minutes ago, thistledo said:

What's the story with O'Brien not playing and is he any good? A County supporting chum of mine seems to rate him. 

I don't know the full story but he seems to be on the naughty step.  He has been our best midfielder this season, due to his speed of thought when switching play and agressive pressing out of possession.  He is terrible at tackling though.

I’m not sure about the loan rules, tbh. The SPFL rules seem to suggest you can’t have more than one player from a club in the same league. The age limit seems to be 23 rather than 20 or 21 for normal temporary transfers?

I questioned Craig Fowler suggesting we would be the best destination for that Celtic lad Koubassi(sp.) as we have The Fish on loan.

Link to SPFL Rules: Page 122 for Rules on Temporary Transfers

Restrictions on Temporary Transfers

Reveal hidden contents Restrictions on Temporary Transfers

59. Subject to Regulations 64, a Club shall not:-

(i) at any time have an aggregate of more than four Players Scottish FA Registered with it on the basis of Standard Temporary Transfers and Emergency Temporary Transfers combined;

(ii) at any time have Scottish FA Registered with it on the basis of Standard Temporary Transfers and Emergency Temporary Transfers combined more than one Player who is not be an Under 23 Player;

(iii) in any period of twelve months from 1 July in any one calendar year to 30 June (inclusive) in the next, Play in all Competitions more than two Players Scottish FA Registered with it on the basis of Standard Temporary Transfers and Emergency Temporary Transfers combined who are/were not Under 23 Players;

(iv) at any time have more than one Player Scottish FA Registered with it on the basis of Standard Temporary Transfers and Emergency Temporary Transfers combined from any one Club for the time being eligible to participate in the same Division as itself;

(v) at any time have more than two Players Scottish FA Registered with it on the basis of Standard Temporary Transfers and Emergency Temporary Transfers combined from any one Club for the time being eligible to participate in another Division from itself; and

(vi) at any time have more than three Players Scottish FA Registered with it on the basis of Standard Temporary Transfers, Emergency Temporary Transfers and Development Temporary Transfers combined from any one Club.

Didnt see this. Maybe we’re not the best desination if rules say he can't ;=)

1 hour ago, Rednyella said:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/celtic/which-scottish-club-would-be-the-best-fit-for-celtic-s-eboue-kouassi-1-4652820

Looks like we are the perfect fit for Eboue Kouassi Celtics three million pound young Ivorian midfielder. 

Does the Scotsman know something we don't? 

"Eboue Kouassi has saw limited playing time since joining Celtic"

Pure class from The Scotsman.

1 hour ago, ESptfc said:

He’s a ticket tout. Was selling tickets for Liam Gallagher or something but it turned out to be a scam. 

In other news, Charlie Mulgrew has been mentioned as a target for us on Twitter but that’s clearly pish

The Charlie Mulgrew chat is a a shite windup.

He's Blackburn's club captain and even although they're in League One he'll be on a wage down there that we can only dream of matching.

He's no Mikael Mandron, anyway.

I'm not 100% on the cut-offs but you can only have one "overage" player on loan from a Scottish club which I think would rule us out for Henderson as he's 21 coming up for 22 (assuming you mean on loan, I doubt we could afford him permanently).

As it was a quiet first day back at work I ended up doing this "where are they now" of the players that have left us since we clinched promotion in 2013, not including youth players that got a token end of season appearance or two. Loan signings in italics. Although it's slightly out of date with Balatoni leaving Falkirk

There's 4 guys on the "out of football" list under the age of 30!

image.png.977240ca68027cec23b1d22ec8be4f4c.png

Keenan seems to have chucked football (in this country anyway). He’s been living in Australia for a while.

The Charlie Mulgrew chat is a a shite windup.

He's Blackburn's club captain and even although they're in League One he'll be on a wage down there that we can only dream of matching.

He's no Mikael Mandron, anyway.

Mandron signing will be confirmed soon.

4 hours ago, ESptfc said:

He’s a ticket tout. Was selling tickets for Liam Gallagher or something but it turned out to be a scam. 

In other news, Charlie Mulgrew has been mentioned as a target for us on Twitter but that’s clearly pish

Mulgrew rumour came from Manpreet and his cabbage pals.

He’ll be getting a clip when I next see him.

Mapreets time for that signing deadline has long gone. ;-) #fakenews 

With the Spanish sunshine coming early next week, I was hoping that we'd bring in a body or two so they could be on the plane there. Get them training with the team however I would think that there would be one or two trialists possibly coming? But I believe Penrice will be with the team as will a fit Captain Abdul which is exciting. Any update on Booth? Or on Bannigan in regards their traveling and fitness levels? 

1 hour ago, Rednyella said:

Mapreets time for that signing deadline has long gone. ;-) #fakenews 

With the Spanish sunshine coming early next week, I was hoping that we'd bring in a body or two so they could be on the plane there. Get them training with the team however I would think that there would be one or two trialists possibly coming? But I believe Penrice will be with the team as will a fit Captain Abdul which is exciting. Any update on Booth? Or on Bannigan in regards their traveling and fitness levels? 

Booth is meant to be fit for the QOTS game, as far as I know, as are Bannigan and Dumbuya, so I would imagine all will be there doing at least some form of training.

1 hour ago, ESptfc said:

There was a c**t saying that Mulgrew didn’t want to go to us because ‘we don’t match his ambitions’ but he was going to County instead:lol:

What is it with players having ambition and going to Ross County? 

It worked for Scott Fox. His role as the Scotland keeper has been nothing short of phenomenal. ;)

26 minutes ago, Rednyella said:

What is it with players having ambition and going to Ross County? 

It worked for Scott Fox. His role as the Scotland keeper has been nothing short of phenomenal. ;)

I used to hate when Fox played for us and the opposition had a 1 on 1 with him, went under his body every single time. Watching doolans wee flick over him brung great joy :lol:.

On 04/01/2018 at 00:39, Fuctifano said:

I'm not 100% on the cut-offs but you can only have one "overage" player on loan from a Scottish club which I think would rule us out for Henderson as he's 21 coming up for 22 (assuming you mean on loan, I doubt we could afford him permanently).

As it was a quiet first day back at work I ended up doing this "where are they now" of the players that have left us since we clinched promotion in 2013, not including youth players that got a token end of season appearance or two. Loan signings in italics. Although it's slightly out of date with Balatoni leaving Falkirk

There's 4 guys on the "out of football" list under the age of 30!

image.png.977240ca68027cec23b1d22ec8be4f4c.png

Ryan Stevenson is currently an Annan Athletic player - https://www.annanathleticfc.com/the-club/teams/#ryan-stevenson

Add Jake Carroll (loanee) who is at Cambridge United in League Two - https://www.cambridge-united.co.uk/teams/first-team/defender/jake-carroll/