The Partick Thistle thread

Strangely, I've always felt we've been unlucky with the injuries we've had all being in the same positions, and that if we got to the break within touching distance of 11th we'd be ok. So to go into the break in 11th is a bonus. We have to get more bodies in for the remainder of the season, an experienced centre half, a wide attacker and a defensive central midfielder at the minimum I'd hope for. I'd also hope we cut our losses on Gary Fraser and put the likes of Nisbet out on loan

Is that both games that Barton’s played in defence we’ve managed clean sheets?

Yep. Surely Barton has to stay in middle of back three. We look way more comfortable like that. I don’t think with Turnbull, Keown and Devine the leadership and balance is right.

Barton may want to play in midfield but he’s a born sweeper / CB.

Yesterday was the first game Ive made it to this season (normally work Saturdays) and I was shocked at how little responsibility our defenders took on the ball. Not once did someone offer a short option to Cerny at goal kicks, they all just ran up the park and turned their backs on it. Has this been happening all season?

3 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Yesterday was the first game Ive made it to this season (normally work Saturdays) and I was shocked at how little responsibility our defenders took on the ball. Not once did someone offer a short option to Cerny at goal kicks, they all just ran up the park and turned their backs on it. Has this been happening all season?

You've been watching too much Spanish football.

After watching the highlights I’m actually disappointed it was only 2. Doolan must start when he’s fit because his movement and link up play is our best option of goals. He’ll be disappointed he didn’t get a hatrick yesterday.  And also The way Sammon can roll a defender and get his self away from people great him and doolan really could form an effective front 2 

When Cerny had the ball yesterday we were going direct, there's been other games where we've played out from the back. I'd say it's more than likely the manager's instructions than defenders not taking responsbility, especially when yesterday we weren't playng Devine and therefore our defence was far more comfortable with the ball at their feet.

16 minutes ago, Reid said:

I think Devine’s comfortable with ball at his feet and confident passing it out. He’s absolutely shite at it though.

To be fair I actually thought Devine started the season quite well possibly better than Keown did, both can’t start in the same team though. And Keowns last 3 performances have been very good.

Happy New Year ???? let’s make 2018 about getting behind this team [emoji817] % and moving up this league. We’re not perfect and mistakes will be made but #wearethistle and we’re just better than our bigoted noisy ignorant neighbors!