The Partick Thistle thread

Fraserball apart, I noted last night we clocked up 7 bookings (Celtic obviously got 0). With the 14 day -delay rule for yellow card suspensions, anyone who reached 6 yellows last night or does in the next 3 games will be suspended for our first league game after the break, which is Celtic at Firhill. Not a bad game to miss tbh.

Turnbull is already out for Saturday, I'd guess Keown, Devine, and Barton are certs to have picked up 6 by the end of the RC game

27 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

What an odd post, pretty much no one on here has slated him.

Just seen a few thistle fans saying he’s a disgrace etc. Was just saying a think it’s harsh. Actually the thistle forum that people were critical.. silly me !

Edited by Thistle4eva

It was a stupid thing to do, but nothing more than that.  I doubt it ever entered into his head along the lines of "see that lassie there, I'm going to f**k this baw off her coupon like I'm in the Under 20s again".  He probably didn't aim for the advertising hoardings either, he just petulantly booted the ball, and it happened to hit someone.  Clearly he's realised it was stupid, and he's apologised.  The girl took it quite well I thought, handled herself quite well, marking her out as too good for a lot of the absolute heads-gone merchants in the Celtic support.

Has anyone said that if he did that in the street he'd be arrested yet?

Horrible act. If he did that in the street he’s get done for assault!

But he didn’t do it in the street did he. And when has someone who’s been hit by a football on the street or anywhere in public been done for assault by the law? Don’t be a muppet. ????‍♂️

Silly ‘act before thinking’ action. Nothing more or less. He’s apologized by calling the fan and invited them to attend firhill for next meeting of the two.

Amazes me how people go well above their station on these matters. Everyone has made silly mistakes in life and career. It’s part of life.

Now away and say something sensible if that is possible.

2 hours ago, forameus said:

Has anyone said that if he did that in the street he'd be arrested yet?

54 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Horrible act. If he did that in the street he’s get done for assault!

17 minutes ago, Rednyella said:

But he didn’t do it in the street did he. And when has someone who’s been hit by a football on the street or anywhere in public been done for assault by the law? Don’t be a muppet.

Silly ‘act before thinking’ action. Nothing more or less. He’s apologized by calling the fan and invited them to attend firhill for next meeting of the two.

Amazes me how people go well above their station on these matters. Everyone has made silly mistakes in life and career. It’s part of life.

Now away and say something sensible if that is possible.

giphy.gif

Edited by capt_oats

15 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Fraserball apart, I noted last night we clocked up 7 bookings (Celtic obviously got 0). With the 14 day -delay rule for yellow card suspensions, anyone who reached 6 yellows last night or does in the next 3 games will be suspended for our first league game after the break, which is Celtic at Firhill. Not a bad game to miss tbh.

Turnbull is already out for Saturday, I'd guess Keown, Devine, and Barton are certs to have picked up 6 by the end of the RC game

It was only six. Turnbull wasn't actually booked according to the referees match report. 

Devine is on 5

Barton and McGinn are on 4

Edwards, Keown and Bannigan are on 3

BBC’s match preview saying Fraser is out again long term with a knee problem, hopefully we give him a 2 year deal to help him recover. In all seriousness, that pretty much finishes his Thistle career.

Talk about going out with a bang !

20 minutes ago, Red 'N Yellow said:

BBC’s match preview saying Fraser is out again long term with a knee problem, hopefully we give him a 2 year deal to help him recover. In all seriousness, that pretty much finishes his Thistle career.

Don't know if it's had an amend but all it says is that he's got a knee problem. No mention of it being long term. Obviously he's had his injuries and his deal's up soon but is it not more likely that he's been told to take a a seat after scudding that lassie with the ball?

"Midfielder Gary Fraser has joined Partick Thistle's long injury list after suffering a knee problem."

Edited by capt_oats