The Partick Thistle thread

16 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Unless I've missed something or you're eyeteekay he's out of contract in 16 days. Agree about Osman and his baseball cap empire.

After nursing him back to fitness for two years, I'd be extremely surprised if we let Fraser go now he's ready. I expect he'll get the rest of the season at least.

seeing as we can now write-off the game against Dundee (sigh) along with Aberdeen and Celtic this month - holding out for the win against Motherwell was excellent but, of course, we follow it up with an absolute shiter of a result that leaves us with little to no margin for error against County and Hamilton.

Squad is needing a few players added in January with the fucking balls to fight for every single point, rather than getting horsed 5-1 away, nearly chucking away a 3-0 lead  at home and meekly going 2-0 down against a side directly above us in a relegation scrap.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Okay, back to four points behind the play-off place and five months of games left to pull the club out of the mire.

Doable? Well, yes, if we start seeing 'the best Thistle squad in years' on the park and all the remarkable skills of leadership attributed to Archie over the past few years start to assert themselves.

This is typical of why Archie drives me scatty at times. How many seasons have there been to sort this kind of shit out? How many bloody noses? Lessons not learned?

Hey ho.

Partick Thistle manager Alan Archibald: "We didn't put enough into the game. I think some of our players thought they were just going to turn up and win today because we won on Wednesday night, but football is not like that.

"We were second to every ball and Dundee looked like they had more desire than us, certainly in the middle of the pitch.

"The goals we have given away are comedy stuff. It was the same last week at Kilmarnock and it was the same today, the two penalties give the referee a decision to make. I've not seen them back to see if it's a penalty or not, but we put him in a position to make a decision."

Cant for the life me understand why Keown or Devine haven't been dropped this season at some point. Lack of players aside. We need a bit of composure in defence, with woods starting the last 2 games it was our chance to put Barton back to sweeper. Everyone knows how much Barton helped our defence last season, Yet he persists with Playing a back 3 with players that have absolutely zero composure or brains. Turnbull isn't any better either. Centre half with experience in January please!!!

1 hour ago, raveonbobbylaw said:

L

I assume you signed up to P&B and decided you were going to type a thoughtful treatise on our woes this season, then in the spirit of Mixu decided "what's the fucking point" and got as far as 1 character before giving up?

Can't blame you tbh. Still more effort than fucking Barton has put in this season.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely