The Partick Thistle thread

Best draw  in terms of an away day we've had since Culter , just hope the performance on the field is a bit better than that day. Would love Montrose to get through, we haven't played them in a competitive game since 1992, but QoS away is a fair consolation prize. Especially if we get the terracing.

In terms of injuries I was hoping Booth and Osman would be coming into contention for a game during December. Bannigan was only supposed to be 4-6 weeks as well from the start of November. I've given up on Dumbuya, although I also gave up on Fraser (jury still out on whether he's properly recovered tbf).

Montrose away would be fucking sexy although a pain to get tickets. Dumfries is sound as f**k also. Especially if get end terrace.

What kind of away support would you be likely to bring to Montrose? Not even sure it would be an all ticket match and if it was I can't see any hassle getting hold of one.

What kind of away support would you be likely to bring to Montrose? Not even sure it would be an all ticket match and if it was I can't see any hassle getting hold of one.

This.

There will be plenty of room at Links Park if it comes to it.

20 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I'd imagine we'd take a thousand or so to Montrose, probably fractionally more to Dumfries. Can't imagine there would be any issues with ticket availability at either ground.

I'd imagine we'd take a thousand or so to Montrose, probably fractionally more to Dumfries. Can't imagine there would be any issues with ticket availability at either ground.

Yeah absolutely no issues at Links Park if we do get through, we can hold the best part of 5000.

23 hours ago, cilitbang said:

We have that many injuries I've lost track of when people are back - Archie said in the Hearts preview that Muzzy has picked up a complication in his knee..

If Booth is also back around Christmas and we are still short in CM then Archie might even try Penrice in there too since he's getting glowing reports (albeit in the Championship).

Once they are back to fitness we are due quite a lot of quality back in the side (Osman, Bannigan, Fraser, Penrice, Booth and Woods). The only problem is once they are all back, who else will then be injured? We're due a CB crisis tbh.

I'm the same, I can see Muzzy leaving based on this latest injury if I'm honest. He was barely back when he had problems again.

I'd like Penrice back for cover if we are waiting a while for Elliott and Booth. I think Osman should be due back soon though.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

Yeah absolutely no issues at Links Park if we do get through, we can hold the best part of 5000.

Yaldi. I'd rather Montrose, never been to a game up there, one to tick off the list. I know the fans I spoke to after the draw were mostly all buzzing for a decent away cup draw for once, so imagine crowd numbers should be good.

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

8690 now official capacity at Palmerston Park.  Away fans usually housed in the stand opposite the old one, depending on numbers.

3 hours ago, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

Not been down in a while, is that uncovered terrace behind the goal useable these days?

It's been tarted up a bit and has a safety certificate.  If the numbers are right then it can be opened for away fans.

Thistle need to be pressing for this to be opened. Have very vague memories of being on that terrace  as a wee boy around 1988/9.
In other news, osman posted on Instagram that he's nearly fit which is obviously encouraging. 

I was there for the first time in 88/89.

Stood in the wee shed which is where the modern stand is now and then round behind the goal near the end of the game.

The supporters buses picked up right outside the terracing behind the goals.

Happy days.