The Partick Thistle thread

Despite the less than encouraging reviews from County fans, it's good to have a proper central midfielder on board with experience of the league. It allows us the option of moving Barton back if necessary and deploying Edwards further forward where his energy is a bit less likely to leave gaping holes in the middle of the park. A bit concerned that we'll still be as soft a touch in there as we have been but if we can ride the storm with Woods until Osman is back (6 weeks apparently), he'll have been a worthwhile addition.

3 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Bringing in any sort of midfielder and losing the PA announcer to Kilmarnock has meant that has turned into a decent couple of days for the club.

What is this glorious news?! Undoubtedly the high point of the season. You've got to be a special kind of shite as a PA announcer to actually stand out. Can we sign the Hamilton PA guy? 

What is this madness of Ross County fans giving realistic, objective feedback on a player?

Where are all the Dundee United fans desperately wailing about how someone we've signed is shite?

Edited by Nightmare

Really hoping Woods can use his experience to help our midfield through a difficult time. When was the last time we signed a player over 30 ? Might be good to have a experienced player in the team. Also gives us a opportunity to put Barton back where he excelled (SWEEPER) 

Good luck Martin. I’m in the minority, but Martin Woods was a midfielder that never hid and was always looking for the ball, sometimes to his detriment. It’s noticeable when you lose the ball if you’re always asking for it. Not so noticeable if you hide. Would have him back any day

1 hour ago, humbleheart said:

Good luck Martin. I’m in the minority, but Martin Woods was a midfielder that never hid and was always looking for the ball, sometimes to his detriment. It’s noticeable when you lose the ball if you’re always asking for it. Not so noticeable if you hide. Would have him back any day

sounds like he's replacing Bannigan then to an extent? Banzo was fond of a yellow card tackle and comfortable dropping deep to collect the ball off the defence.

edit: christ, used past tense there for Bannigan without really even thinking about it... hope he's not totally gubbed. 

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

13 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

He sounds a little bit like Sean Welsh maybe?
Caused me to have multiple head gone moments whenever he lost the ball but he added something to the team we're missing at the moment.

He sounds very similar mate. 1 great performance in 10 games sounds Welsh like. As much as I feel for Banzo at the moment I really feel terrible for Welsh. It seemed as if every time he got a solid run of games and started to hit form he got injured, I for one think his absence in our squad has a lot to do with our lack of a midfielder who can do a bit of it all.

Don't care if I'm in the minority but I hope this is an example thrown back at us when Project Brave comes along..
We have a young midfeilder in McCarthy that hasn't really looked out of depth whilst the team has been struggling, only to bring in a journeyman. We had to play Hendry + Lindsay a few seasons ago and that worked out not bad, I don't see much difference with this situation and McCarthy.. + Fraser is more or less back.
What makes it worse for me is that the County boys are giving genuine feedback and not "hes shite" patter. Currently our central midfield lacks: solid tackler, track back/ positional awareness and very good work ethic (Edwards covers that one)  - all of which [mention=7081]yoda[/mention] and [mention=215]Savage Henry[/mention]has said is not his game. Im expecting a shit Adam Barton
Thank f**k I wont have to look at that wanky hairstyle from the announcer anymore

Maybe the real Adam Barton will reemerge, if he now has some competition ?

12 hours ago, Paul Cicero said:

County fans only please is woods anywhere as good as Ian mcshane ??

Very similar players.  McShane is much better at shooting in open play and dead balls.  McShane's got better vision I suppose and a bigger range of passing.  Woods has got more aggression, experience and confidence in looking for the ball and that tips it in Woods's favour.

Edited by bunglebonce