The Partick Thistle thread

1 minute ago, R.Mutt said:

Storey wasn't really given a chance by us. Hope it doesn't come back to haunt us. Thought he still had something to offer.

Woukd you like to take Stockley from us too?

If we didn't have Sammon I wouldn't mind Stockley but we've got enough strikers, I'm sure Killie would take him.

It seems like Storey has been a target all summer so good to get him in. I suspect we've always been looking for two strikers to make us more suitable to a 352, and having missed out on Murray and Erwin, Sammon is what's left. I think he's humpty but he won't feature too often and should at least offer us the same kind of physical presence as Azeez to bring others into play.

A pacey attacking midfielder and a left back would be nice now.

C4mmy31 dribbling all over the thread again.
Geez peace, you utter loonball.

You'd be dribbling too, but alas the Maryhill happy clappers failed to dodged the Sammon bullet.

I understand why you all seem a tad upset.....

2 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

It seems like Storey has been a target all summer so good to get him in. I suspect we've always been looking for two strikers to make us more suitable to a 352, and having missed out on Murray and Erwin, Sammon is what's left.

A pacey attacking midfielder and a left back would be nice now.

I was wondering why Thistle have signed two strikers in addition to Doolan and the young boy Nisbet. When do they ever play with two up front? Also can't see why you'd waste more of your budget on someone like Sammon when a left back and another midfielder is still needed. Even Killie fans don't rate him and he at least had one good season at Rugby Park (utter mince the other two of course).

I make that a Hamilton, a Killie, and several St Johnstone fans #Bitter and #Seething about Thi$tle. I guess this is what happens when you become a #BoxOffice team. That’s just a struggle we’ll have to bear.

Edited by Ad Lib

I make that a Hamilton, a Killie, and several St Johnstone fans #Bitter and #Seething about Thi$tle. I guess this is what happens when you become a #BoxOffice team. That’s just a struggle we’ll have to bear.

^^^Dundee patter, big team found^^^

4 minutes ago, s_dog said:

I was wondering why Thistle have signed two strikers in addition to Doolan and the young boy Nisbet. When do they ever play with two up front?

Archie tried it a few times last season, mainly switching to two up front in the second half by bringing on Azeez. It's clearly a formation he's been interested in trying out but with all the will in the world Azeez just wasn't good enough to make it happen. Now he's recruited an able foil for Doolan I think we'll be seeing a lot more of it.

When I moved in to my new flat the ceiling in my bedroom was clarty, so I painted it. Unfortunately it just highlighted how scuffed the previously acceptable floor was. Signing Storey and Sammon has made our wide defensive options look worse than they are.

2 minutes ago, ALJAGS76 said:

Why does everyone think we need left backs?

Because Callum Booth gives away more penalties than we score goals.

Decent enough player, but has some glaring weaknesses and we could do better.

The important thing about having 3 strikers is genuine options to shake-up the formation without putting Erskine or Lawless in unnatural positions. Doolan worked well in a 2 up-front arrangement with Craig in the promotion season whenever we tried it. Even if one or two of them pick up an injury it also means Nisbet can sometimes get game-time with a supporting player. From what I’ve heard about the development team that far more plays to his strengths.

1 minute ago, ALJAGS76 said:

Why does everyone think we need left backs?

IMO we dont need any left backs, we've got Booth who is fine if we play him as a wing back and then Turnbull, Penrice and Banzo can play there as well. Btw we don't need another attacking midfielder apart from Spittal, Erskine and Lawless we've got Elliott, McLaughlin, Banzo, Edwards and maybe Storey who can play there.