The Partick Thistle thread

We'll be playing a Bielsa-like 3-1-3-3 formation, playing all three of Doolan, Storey and Sammon.  Osman will be employed on the sidelines glaring at the opposition with his top off while we employ every other attacking player we have in the other positions.  Easy.

Surprised about Sammon. It's been quite clear that Archie has wanted to recruit a physical sort over the summer so I suppose Sammon loosely fits that profile. I rather suspect that his signing is as a consequence of our draw against Rangers though; doubt we'd have went for him on the budget as it stood.

It's good to get a guy who is already off the mark in Storey. It never worked out for him at Aberdeen for one reason or another but certainly looked tidy enough at Caley. If he can recapture that form, he'll be a fine bit of business.

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Sammon did decent enough back on loan at Killie last season did he not? Two decent signings imo. I take it they arent eligible for the bench tonight?

Christ, he scored 5 goals in the second half of the season, more that I though, although Cerny sold him one.

His performance for Hearts against us at Tynecastle last year is too entrenched in my mind. He was honkin that day.

7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Sammon did decent enough back on loan at Killie last season did he not? Two decent signings imo. I take it they arent eligible for the bench tonight?

Depending on the paperwork, they will both be in the squad.