The Partick Thistle thread

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I assume it's your first team coming to play us tomorrow? Any chance of our apparent loanee in waiting, James Penrice, getting a game?

Yeah, first team. Don't think he'll be playing tomorrow and haven't heard anything about Penrice going on loan. :huh:

Just now, MARYHILLISWONDERFUL said:

Yeah, first team. Don't think he'll be playing tomorrow and haven't heard anything about Penrice going on loan. :huh:

Our manager, Stevie Aitken, has said a number of times now in the press that a deal has been agreed for him and we're basically just waiting on you sending him to us. If he was going to feature tomorrow I'd be inclined to go along but I might just save my money and spend it on something more enjoyable than a pre-season friendly, like a colonoscopy.

8 minutes ago, MARYHILLISWONDERFUL said:

He's played large chunks of all four closed door friendlies, and with no real defensive options, there is the chance he'll feature tomorrow.

He'll be playing. We are awaiting news of new CB and until we do James will be sticking around. With Booth, Dumbaya, Elliott and Keown and Bannigan who can also play at full back I can see Penrice on loan at some point. We really only have presently Barton and Devine who are competent centre backs.

Come on Archie who you got lined up? The anticipation is ramping up...

10 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

Cerny has signed a contract extension taking him to the end of next season.

Great news. Think he's probably going to be with us for the rest of his playing career. His Motm display against Dundee Utd is pretty much the best goalkeeping display ive ever seen for us, pulled off at least four terrific saves.

17 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Great news. Think he's probably going to be with us for the rest of his playing career. 

Yeah probably, he said in his Jagzone interview that there's no other club in Scotland he wants to be at just now. 

Edit: @Rednyella just beat me to it with the 'no other club quote'!

Edited by MARYHILLISWONDERFUL