The Partick Thistle thread

Watching Thistle might get slightly less frustrating without Ade to miss an absolute sitter every second week.

We need 2 strikers in now as Nisbet will probably go on loan as he's a bit pish. That Belgian boys highlight reel looked good, but you could probably put together a decent video of Gabby Picollo so we'll see what happens.

Absolute day light robbery to get money for him as well.

good thing is he will have chemistry with david amoo

1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes

2 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

how do you figure there both from partick thistle

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

On 26/07/2015 at 09:38, professor challenger said:

We certainly can't open with what we have up front at the moment unless the board are pretty much conceding relegation before the season starts.

Doolan is a clever and intelligent football player but as a striker he is very limited and actualy at this level, not very good.

(With apologies to those in the Doools cult)

8 minutes ago, professor challenger said:

Sorry, I'd have liked to have kept him on.

2 posts 2 years apart but I'm fairly sure they prove you don't know what a striker is meant to do m8.

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Looks like the trialist starting tonight is a CB unless we're playing Barton in a back 4.

Pure guess but I wonder if it's Meekings? Not fixed with a club yet and although rumour linked him with Dundee with them buying Hendry might mean they are not looking at other defenders 

Toodaloo Ade. You were better than Pogba and a likeable sod but alas didn't cut the mustard.

With him going I think we can be fairly certain someone is lined up as a replacement. Seriously though, are Cambridge just stupidly rich and willing to spaff money on absolutely anyone?

In our seemingly infinite quest for a 'target man', hold-up striker since Gerry Britton left, Azeez is easily the best of that kind of player that I've seen us sign (permanently at least). He lacks the footballing intelligence to score past double figures in a season, but I genuinely can't remember a bad game from him and I think his physical strengths and hold-up play went unsupported by the lack of pace in our team.

We've hardly lost a superstar but I definitely think he was worth keeping for another year. If Lucas Akins can make a name for himself in the English lower leagues then there's no reason why Azeez can't.

12 minutes ago, Vinnyjag said:

Archie knows Meekings capabilities so why would he need him on trial

In fairness, Meekings hasn't played a game since December (if his Transfermarkt stats are accurate). You'd think you'd probably want to have a look at him and check he's not still broken first and also check that he's actually recovered form the injury performance-wise.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/josh-meekings/leistungsdaten/spieler/127984/plus/0?saison=2016

Edited by capt_oats

24 minutes ago, Vinnyjag said:

Ha ha mate you could be right, it could be him, forget my previous posts, unless of course it isn't him

dunno who the 5 or 6 is, looks like 2 youngsters, the official site just listed the starting teams for each half and no subs.I don't think that's meekings though.