The Partick Thistle thread

Intrigued more by the Sneddon signing actually, given his age and the jump hes making. Would like to see him loaned out to maybe a L1 team for the season, don't think just playing in the development squad will do much for him, needs to get competitive games, but at a level somewhere between us and Cowdenbeath.

Edited by Snakebite

Think it's a bit early to be defining whether or not BS will be a good signing, how much has any Jags fan seen of him recently? What I do know is that he delivers a great corner or free kick, something we have been sadly missing for a few years.

He is only 21, give him a chance before we cast aspersions.

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Alan Nixon on twitter reckons you've agreed a fee with Oxford for Liam Lindsay. He's describing a deal as being 'close'.

He's usually in the know. Would say unless Lindsay can't agree terms then he's off. 

Intrigued more by the Sneddon signing actually, given his age and the jump hes making. Would like to see him loaned out to maybe a L1 team for the season, don't think just playing in the development squad will do much for him, needs to get competitive games, but at a level somewhere between us and Cowdenbeath.

He's already done a season in L1 with Cowden too. We're looking for a goalkeeper though...so, yeh know...if you fancied firing him our way then that'd be cool.

Spittal has a fair amount of experience for his age. We've signed worse. Happy to see what he can bring to the team.
2016/17 30 games 5 goals 3 assists in league and playoffs.
165 games 27 goals and 21 assists for Yinited and Queens Park.

£350k for Lindsay, or so The Sun reckon.

My source says that we'll get more than that but not sure if that is partly down to add ons.

ETA: Source Facebook [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji211]

6 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Were Barnsley not talking about offering us £500,000 seems very strange unless they have agreed to loan him back or something 

Might've been a fee of up to £500k, but would've taken ages with loads of it add ons. Maybe Oxford have just straight up offered the cash?

Our most saleable asset in all my years watching Thistle and he's getting punted for £350k.

I'd suspect any deal is heavily incentivised with additional payments but that initial fee is a good £150k short of what he should have went for as a minimum.