The Partick Thistle thread

Anyone else having/had bother renewing their season ticket?

I hit change seat then buy season tickets. Next page gives me " here are no additional memberships available for this customer to choose from. "

Trying on Firefox and its 8pm-ish so not office hours (shouldn't matter) and i tried Internet Explorer but also didn't work

...Halp!

Would be surprised if Archie upped sticks for Swindon, a club that seems to never be too far from some kind of headline/disarray. Think he'd need a more stable number to leave us at this stage but it's a matter of time, I'm afraid. Lap it up whilst it lasts.

Think he'd need a more stable number to leave us at this stage

Second this. Definitely a man who values a well-run stable club that are willing to stick with him so doubt this Swindon job would lure him away from us. Unfortunately, you're also correct in that it's probably the first of many jobs he'll be linked with in the coming months. Hopefully, the new dynamic of being a top six club and the to-be-built training centre can keep him here a tad longer.

I think Archie will want to stick around till the training ground is built as it's his main bug-bearer + will want to have an input in it. 

Could see him replace McInnes, don't see him working under a Director of Football at Hearts (esp when it's Levein)

Don't think Swindon Town is any better than Shrewsbury Town. In fact what is the difference? Some boring middl(ish) England shithole where they batter on about having the best pies, most annoying accent and all (including the women) drink pints of warm ale until the pub shuts at 9pm. What an exciting prospect!

Remember, Maryhill is wonderful! And apologies if I offended any pint drinking women [emoji6]

I'm not sure if Archie's demographic is different from other managers but he's still in his 30s and has a young family. It would take something really special to shift him from the security of his contract at Firhill? 

2 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

They both love a gilet tbf.

I've become a gilet convert this past winter. Under, not over though. Shirt, thin jumper, down-filled gilet and shell jacket. Warm enough, yet more mobile than a padded jacket. Unbeatable.

2 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

I'm not sure if Archie's demographic is different from other managers but he's still in his 30s and has a young family. It would take something really special to shift him from the security of his contract at Firhill? 

That's my thinking. He's pretty much got the Thistle job for as long as he wants it. Where else would he get that level of security? I also suspect that he's more than shrewd enough to realise this.

1 hour ago, archie guevara said:

I've become a gilet convert this past winter. Under, not over though. Shirt, thin jumper, down-filled gilet and shell jacket. Warm enough, yet more mobile than a padded jacket. Unbeatable.

Nah, not for me I'm afraid. 

Incidentally, Archie's fondness for a gilet is about the only negative thing I can say about him.

Kinda hoping the conversation goes 

"Alan, can you work with Tim Sherwood?"

"Does that involve being able to punch him in the face whenever I want?

"No"

"Nah, you're alright"

I think he might go this summer, as much as he's talked up -rightly- the new training ground and the stability at Firhill, he must have in the back of his head that it's going to be hard to get top 6 every year and if we have a bad run of injuries on top of our usual not starting to play until October (which tbf should mainly be on him) and end up marooned at the bottom at Christmas then his stock might fall through the floor.

Not sure this is the one to go to though.