The Partick Thistle thread

I think Amoo's lack of flexibility in terms of positions playable will probably see him out the door, what we've obviously done a lot more this season is flit between a back 4 and a back 3 during games with Saturday being the most recent example, the only other place Amoo can go other than hugging the touchline is up front and he was pretty disastrous in his couple of games there.

Assuming we're not going to try and get rid of Azeez a year early and Nisbet might go out on loan again, another striker who can also play out wide would be ideal to allow us to change formation during games more easily as Lawless and Erskine can also play as wingers. Also got to consider that as long as Bannigan isn't a shell of his pre-injury self then he'll be competing with Osman and Barton for 2 spots, unless the plan is to start Barton as sweeper most games.

That's me watched the Doolan special on Jagzone. I never really appreciated until I saw them all back-to-back quite how high the % of goal's he's scored have been headers!

I also can't help but think that that video in its own little way sums up how far we've come in his time at the club - from fairly grainy footage in the lower leagues of strikes against Cowdenbeath, Ayr United and the like to having very high quality footage of goals against Celtic, Hearts, Rangers, Killie, Inverness...

Quite surprised at how disappointed I was when watching his goal in the Challenge Cup final thinking back to how the penalty shoot out turned out.

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Assuming we're not going to try and get rid of Azeez a year early and Nisbet might go out on loan again, another striker who can also play out wide would be ideal to allow us to change formation during games more easily as Lawless and Erskine can also play as wingers. Also got to consider that as long as Bannigan isn't a shell of his pre-injury self then he'll be competing with Osman and Barton for 2 spots, unless the plan is to start Barton as sweeper most games.

Welsh as well, I'm fairly certain he's being kept on with Fraser likely to be away.

38 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

That's me watched the Doolan special on Jagzone. I never really appreciated until I saw them all back-to-back quite how high the % of goal's he's scored have been headers!

How many of his goals are from inside the box? Can't think of any off the top of my head that he's scored from outside it.

Well that was an enjoyable hour or so. All based on my own eyes so 6 yard / 18 yard box figures might not be 100% as will left foot / right foot where footage unclear, plus there's the two goals that basically hit off him vs Cove and Hibs. Also there's 5 goals missing from the video so I've gone on either my own recollection or website match reports.

doolan.PNG

edit: don't think I'd seen the one away to Falkirk in 11/12 before from outside the box, what a ping that was.

Edited by Fuctifano

1 minute ago, Cerberus said:

Championship diddies won't be good enough for the Europa League.

Archie out.

Matt Ritchie and Jordan Rhodes are a decent standard of player to bring to Firhill, imo...

On a slightly serious edge I had a quick scan over recent Championship games and there are a few possibilities. Winger could be Blair Spittal, a player we were linked with before Yinited stepped in. Not sure who else would fit the bill or be in our wage bracket?

Striker wise there are a few more possibilities of varying degrees of acceptability. As said Brian Graham could be an option and has been linked with us before. The other possibilities are James Keatings or Gary Holt (meh). At Falkirk you have Lee Miller and Bob McHugh but neither would seem to improve the squad. Hippolyte is a talent but if under contract won't be coming our way.

Morton have Quitongo and Oliver. Both under contract and Jai was linked with clubs down south so that's not happening.

Dundee Yinited have the ginger plumber and little else up front.

I guess we could be looking at development squad players too?

So basically we're looking at Spittal and Graham or I've been hooked in a hilarious hoax transfer rumour kind of way :P

9 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Also worth noting only 4 penalties out of 101, when some other folk get to pad their records with loads.

Your spreadsheet confirms that Aberdeen are the only top flight team King Kris of Bonnyton hasn't scored against.

Also heard the Murray/Hippolyte chat. We've often struggled for alternative attacking options so they'd both offer depth. I'd imagine Hippolyte is being considered as a replacement for Amoo who I think is certain to be on his way out after a very underwhelming two seasons. Murray is an interesting rumour, I've quite liked the look of him on the few occasions I've seen him.

I'm past questioning Archie's signings though - if he thinks they can do a job, that's good enough for me.