The Partick Thistle thread

53 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

As far as I can see he's only played for Oldham in competitive fixtures this season. He signed on loan with them on 9th July, so before the season had started.

52 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

You can register for three clubs but only play for two.

I hadn't realised- thanks for clarifying that guys

I don't think there's any way back for Erwin at Leeds, given how well they're doing these days.

He was certainly impressive for Motherwell towards the end of 2014/15. Possibly a similar style of player to Azeez, but a better finisher.

Definitely think he would be worth a punt. I think going for guys that have been good in Scotland, but lost their way after big money moves down south, is a good market for us.

In my mind he's exactly type of player that would fit us. If it's true and Archie can lift his confidence he's skillful, attacks defenders and has an eye for goal. He was one of Motherwell's best players a couple of years ago. Definitely a young talent. Still probably raw but good manager and fit personally may see him enjoy Firhill. But is this true? Or just rumour?

1 hour ago, Rednyella said:

In my mind he's exactly type of player that would fit us. If it's true and Archie can lift his confidence he's skillful, attacks defenders and has an eye for goal. He was one of Motherwell's best players a couple of years ago. Definitely a young talent. Still probably raw but good manager and fit personally may see him enjoy Firhill. But is this true? Or just rumour?

The source was the Daily Star so il let you draw your own conclusions regards to whether it's true or rumours 

Scott Burns of the daily express also had it on twitter and he's normally fairly reliable (mainly for Aberdeen and highland teams), think he was the first one to mention John Baird, though I hope that's not an omen.

Don't really remember too much of Erwin on the field, think he had a purple patch in the second half of the 14/15 season which led to his move but not much either side, though he is obviously still young. As everyone else said though, top marks for his interview after the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Jagiellonia, play in red & yellow. Top lads.

Didn't work out at Thistle but hope he does well out there.

I think it worked out fine. He was never going to be here long term and was always just an expensive cover until Muzzy and Elliot were fit again...

I don't get some of the negativity towards Ziggy. I thought he was pretty good for us, he's got a great attitude and decent ability. Good luck to him...

I think it worked out fine. He was never going to be here long term and was always just an expensive cover until Muzzy and Elliot were fit again...
I don't get some of the negativity towards Ziggy. I thought he was pretty good for us, he's got a great attitude and decent ability. Good luck to him...

Most of the negativity is because he was honest in the media (which footballers get criticised for not doing). He said we were a stepping-stone to bigger things. About 90% of our players will think they same thing about us.

He did a job and left to further his career. Good luck to him.