The Partick Thistle thread

I was a bit meh about Amoo until those last two games where he put in an apology of a performance both times. Presumably he wasn't playing for a new contract by then. 

He most certainly has abilty. He has reasonable pace, can control a ball and put over a decent cross. Unfortunately he lacks any kind of aggression, determination or strength which made him a passenger in most of the games he was involved in. Pity.

Livy are back up in the Champ also. He could be a strong experienced leader for a team like that who want to establish a presence again.  

He's got loads of potential options.

Livy might surprise a few people in the Championship next season, they have a good manager in Hopkins, especially if they can hold on to Buchanan (22 goals) & Mullen (14 goals).......

Really hope Welsh gets both a decent offer and a long spell injury free. He got unfair criticism at times (although completely fair at others) and always liked him as a player. Good signing for our misshapes team Falkirk along with Baird, Muirhead and Craigan?

He was toilet this year and let's be honest he never was smart enough to unlock his potential. The two or three times in a season where he did something interesting or scored a nice goal isn't enough to make up for the 90% of the time he was very inconsistent and mediocre.
Wish him well but he's Cambridge's dead weight now.

If the supposed "list" from Govan is true, I'd happily replace Amoo with Forrester if there is no fee required

No chance we'd afford him. He's also a waster.

Re Amoo. I don't think he was necessarily lazy, he was just thick as f**k. He never knew where to be or what to do. Looked lost half the time.

3 hours ago, cilitbang said:

If the supposed "list" from Govan is true, I'd happily replace Amoo with Forrester if there is no fee required

No idea if he is still interested but Archie said at one of the meet the manager nights Archie had said for 2 years running he had tried to sign Halliday 

50 minutes ago, third lanark said:

No idea if he is still interested but Archie said at one of the meet the manager nights Archie had said for 2 years running he had tried to sign Halliday 

Then we dodged a bullet!

Monk just resigned from Leeds, might mean they won't pursue Lindsay since new manager will have their own targets.

Good in that we might keep Lindsay longer. Bad if he is still going it will be less of a bidding war :(

17 hours ago, Reid said:

No chance we'd afford him. He's also a waster.

Re Amoo. I don't think he was necessarily lazy, he was just thick as f**k. He never knew where to be or what to do. Looked lost half the time.

I saw Doolan giving him defensive coaching on Sunday. He had very little idea of where he should even just be. And then at the first Aberdeen goal, having found his spot, he stayed rooted to it.

29 minutes ago, Griff Sheridan said:

I wonder who wrote it.

Stop being so cynical it was definitely Osman who said

Another season over – and what a season it was! Top six – our best finish in years – more funds for the youth academy and a new training ground coming as well. We even got Dools over the line for his 100 goals, it really has been special.