The Partick Thistle thread

8 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

FYI, Thistle fans....

Here is Doolan's reply to a Killie fans post on killie kickback, about players we would like to see at Rugby Park next season.....

7c8b43977509e5d13ee2d1b257952f9e.jpg

That isn't kris doolan. He's saying if he was kris doolan he wouldn't. Ffs

I love the Star And Garter pub and I love that historical re-enactments are acceptable half time entertainment at Firhill. Please be in the same half as us next year so I can have my two Maryhill trips please! Congrats on the season, I hope Archie stays on. 

9 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

I love the Star And Garter pub and I love that historical re-enactments are acceptable half time entertainment at Firhill. Please be in the same half as us next year so I can have my two Maryhill trips please! Congrats on the season, I hope Archie stays on. 

^^^ Future Thistle season ticket holder  ^^^^

3 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

When a man is tired of a homegrown talent scoring a surprising hattrick, he is tired of life. 

What age is Wright? I love young players coming on the scene like it's nobody's business. 

19. Local lad too. First time I've been impressed by him, but he carried the ball so well, and goals one and two were top finishes. 

He certainly looks like a decent prospect. It'll be interesting to see how he gets on against a team with fullbacks.

8 hours ago, gingerjag said:

Great season for us Jags. Top 6. Dissapointing end to the season but Celtic and Aberdeen are on a different level to us and everyone else so lets take a step back and look at the big picture of the season. 

A fair enough assessment. I reckon the games after the split dovetail nicely into Thistle's habit of switching off in the last 10 minutes of the game and blowing nearly two dozen points (theory) across the season but at least there's the comfort zone of a top six finish. 

10 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

McCarthy, Lamont and McLaughlin have signed new deals, Cullen, Doherty, Hall, Herd, McInally and McMullin have been released.

It's brutal time for the youngsters who get released, good luck to all of them.  Meantime, McCarthy and Lamont getting new deals might see some changes to the midfield contingent at the club. We certainly never seem short of them.

Just to back up what was said a few days ago, also heard that Fraser signed a new deal. McCarthys interview on the OS suggests the same.

I'm surprised to see Gary Fraser getting a new contract. Even without bringing up his injuries I've never really understood what it is he brings to the team. He's very slow, can't tackle, no good in the air and doesn't score. Then again I thought Barton was a dud the first couple of times I saw him so what the hell do I know?