The Partick Thistle thread

I hope I'm terribly wrong but I think he's going to take the Swindon job. Just a feeling I have. It makes sense to cool the speculation and announce after the season is over this weekend. No appointment by Swindon yet either but then again at this point in the season there is little rush.

I'm slightly fearful that Sunday will be Archie's last game. I think there may be a belief that he's taken us as far as he can. Next season, there's really only going to be one place up for grabs in the top six with Hibs back in the league. Having had time to think about it, as much as they may be a bit of a basketcase club, Swindon will be one of the big players in League 2 next season and it might just be the right time for Archie to get another promotion on his CV.

Elsewhere, I wasn't too surprised to hear Welsh is away last night. Expect he'll be back at Firhill in opposition colours next season though.

Be sad to see Welsh go if that's true. I think Archie was always likely to get rid of one of him or Fraser, but I'd have liked him to stay. He's been a huge part of our team in the last five years or so(when fit). Also his arrival on loan from Hibs was a real kick start to us turning into a team that could challenge for promotion.

Sounds like there was a lot of talk in pubs after the match last night that Simon Murray has signed a pre-contract. No idea if true but would be quite happy with it given his recent form.

11 minutes ago, The Arch said:

Be sad to see Welsh go if that's true. I think Archie was always likely to get rid of one of him or Fraser, but I'd have liked him to stay. He's been a huge part of our team in the last five years or so(when fit). Also his arrival on loan from Hibs was a real kick start to us turning into a team that could challenge for promotion.

Sounds like there was a lot of talk in pubs after the match last night that Simon Murray has signed a pre-contract. No idea if true but would be quite happy with it given his recent form.

No idea the ins and outs but if true about Welsh it's not impossible I guess that he was offered a new contract but said no

Edited by third lanark

Assuming true etc etc...

I did doubt if Welsh would stay with Osman, Barton and Bannigan all ahead of him as centre mids and I think we might have wanted to keep him but he'd rather move on. I'd still like to see us sign another midfielder even with Fraser and McCarthy (assuming he's staying) as one looks like he might be one recurrence of an injury away from retirement and one is obviously still very young.

Trying to think of his next club and unless he goes League 2 or lower down south, you're probably looking at Dundee, Motherwell or whoever wins / stays up in the playoffs. He probably had his best season this season but the guy's injury record over his whole career to date is a bit of a red flag.

Was going to say if we have signed Murray then I hope we announce it in the next hour or so in revenge for the Paton / Erskine announcement before the Raith Rovers game in 2013, although we did also announce Erskine coming back 5 months before it happened.

Going through the age profiles on the OS, if what Cerberus said is true then the following are offski:

Conor Cullen

Matthew McInally

Michael McMullin

Dominic Docherty

Just need to wait for the news of the 3 year extension for Div Wilson then?

Livingston, from what I've heard Ridgers himself retweeted a story about the rumour

Not seen much of him but he should do a decent job in the Championship.

If the 3 main CMs next season will be Banzo, Osman n Barton.. Fraser, McCarthy and Edwards will all rotate in at various points so will we really miss him? 

The main pro with Welsh for me is that he never hides and always shows for the ball

The cons are he's slow on and off the ball and he has that weird blood disease. He can go and get booed by all the Dundee fans for a few bob. 

ETA. We will most likely get in a no.10 so thats another body that could rotate into CM if needed

Edited by cilitbang

20 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

If the 3 main CMs next season will be Banzo, Osman n Barton.. Fraser, McCarthy and Edwards will all rotate in at various points so will we really miss him? 

The main pro with Welsh for me is that he never hides and always shows for the ball

The cons are he's slow on and off the ball and he has that weird blood disease. He can go and get booed by all the Dundee fans for a few bob. 

ETA. We will most likely get in a no.10 so thats another body that could rotate into CM if needed

What blood disease?

1 minute ago, MARYHILLISWONDERFUL said:

What blood disease?

Someone will know and link its name etc

But basically if you or I bruise, it goes away after a few days. If Welsh gets hit the same way as we did, the surrounding tissue takes ages to heal back properly.