The Partick Thistle thread

9 hours ago, cilitbang said:

If we sign him I expect factor 50 chants for him during the winter months.

Archie is quoted in the evening times saying he has offers in for players already (just out of contract players?)

Maybe he is waiting on the Keown and Lindsay situations before making offers to clubs for some targets that will require a fee?

I'd think the Keown and Lindsay situations will make or break next season. Selling or buying players when you need to keep them?

We have money, on the basis of top six. If we have to, spend it on retention of Keown, who is as a smashing player, and use it to try to retain Lindsay,  Who is also a smashing player.

I'd think the Keown and Lindsay situations will make or break next season. Selling or buying players when you need to keep them?

We have money, on the basis of top six. If we have to, spend it on retention of Keown, who is as a smashing player, and use it to try to retain Lindsay,  Who is also a smashing player.

I'd say we have absolutely no chance of keeping Lindsay. He's spoken openly about his ambitions to play in England and for Scotland, which won't happen while he's here, so if we can get good money and a sell on clause I'll be pleased.

Thought he was shite last season and looked miles out of his depth at this level. Then again, he's young and may well have improved a lot since then. Plus he played for that abomination of a United side, which wouldn't have made anyone look good.
Not a big fan of the move, but how many times have we said that about Archie's signings and been proven wrong?

He's 25....

Only been FT for 2 seasons though, his goal ratio in both the Premiership and Championship are actually very good. Considering he's spent most of it playing uptop by himself or out wide. Which isn't his game at all. Wish him well whatever he does.

Heard Doolan came from the juniors the other night btw.... shocked to hear that. Some spot from the scouts that one...!

12 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

He's 25....

Only been FT for 2 seasons though, his goal ratio in both the Premiership and Championship are actually very good. Considering he's spent most of it playing uptop by himself or out wide. Which isn't his game at all. Wish him well whatever he does.

Heard Doolan came from the juniors the other night btw.... shocked to hear that. Some spot from the scouts that one...!

Chris Erskine was also signed from the juniors as well

Must be one of the few that would be quite happy to have Murray. He works hard, good pace and a more convincing goal threat than Azeez. He's also a bit more versatile than Azeez in that he can fill in out wide which is always something that appeals to Archie. I doubt Azeez is leaving, but Murray would effectively be able to fill the Amoo and Azeez roles in the squad and is (in my opinion) a better player than both. 

1 minute ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Must be one of the few that would be quite happy to have Murray. He works hard, good pace and a more convincing goal threat than Azeez. He's also a bit more versatile than Azeez in that he can fill in out wide which is always something that appeals to Archie. I doubt Azeez is leaving, but Murray would effectively be able to fill the Amoo and Azeez roles in the squad and is (in my opinion) a better player than both. 

Agree with this. I think Murray's a pretty decent player to be honest. I think he'd fit quite well into the current Thistle squad.

38 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

I think this is probably part of the reason we're interested in him. A 3rd out and out centre forward might be a bit much when we play with one central striker a lot of the time whereas if he can play on the wing as well as up front then that's a benefit. 

I'm still in the headless chicken camp with him but I've seen very little of united this season and another season of FT football might have improved him. 

Without checking, I reckon Murray scored more Premiership goals last season than any Thistle player other than Doolan. I think he's 10+ this season in the Championship, too. Even if you take nothing else into account...

Without checking, I reckon Murray scored more Premiership goals last season than any Thistle player other than Doolan. I think he's 10+ this season in the Championship, too. Even if you take nothing else into account...

Averaged a goal every 186 minutes in Premiership and Championship. ;)

On 28/01/2017 at 08:26, Mulder & Ryan Scully said:

Amoo has been a disgrace this season, last week was embarrassing.

Absolute Bollocks of a statement, Amoo hasn't had consistent run in team, has more to offer the he does, I agree, but to call him a disgrace and embarrassing is just OTT.  I don't know how many minutes he has played this season or how many games he has started, but it's not been much.