The Partick Thistle thread

I'm reluctant to give up hope on players like Nisbet or any young player we sign (Azeez, Edwards). I never thought we would see Doolan or Elliot ever again after their pretty average loans to Clyde and Albion Rovers.

Another loan to the Championship for Nisbet should be the priority, along with Penrice. Does anyone know how Div Wilson has been doing?

Here's a question...is Ryan much better, if at all, than Jimmy C? I'd say it's debateable.

Edwards has better energy and is more combative than Craigen was, but Craigen is definitely better on the ball and probably a more intelligent player imo.

I'd slightly rather have Edwards as I think he has more impact on the team as a whole but, as you say, definitely debatable.

You guys are on the wind up! You must be!? Lol [emoji38] great stuff. Take yer shite chat to WAT [emoji6]. That's where I expect to read this patter.
Craigan better than Edwards! Are you all on crack!? Whilst I was one that would have kept the hard working ex-Edinburgh University player he's not in the same league (literally) as Edwards who by the way is rated very highly by his home nation and almost made the full squad as one of their youngsters. Not to mention he captained that U23 team up until earlier this year. A nation that is higher than us in the ranking system i may add. He may not be our best player and some argue not PoTY nomination worthy but this chat has spiraled out of control. He's been one of the best players in a team that's excelled this year. He's definitely a team player. And very good one. Even if he doesn't play great he works tirelessly and breaks up play very well. He's also quite a smart lad just like our former graduate Jimmy!

My oh my that is funny. You almost had me. I'll tell you what let's do a swap deal. I bet Falkirk would bite your arm of for him as would a few other teams many in our division.

[emoji849] I took the bait! [emoji85]

When everyone is fit next season, does Edwards start? I don't think so

If Barton is in midfield then he will be beside Bannigan with Osman slightly behind them (think that will be a great midfield next season personally)

If Barton is in defence then his midfield spot will be filled by either Welsh (if he signs) or Edwards

If Edwards is to play no.10 (hopefully not) next season then Erskine, Lawless and Fraser (if he signs) are ahead of him in that position - obviously depends on formation and what extra additions we acquire over summer.

I don't think he will be a starter and more likely used as an impact sub to inject urgency and harass opponents. Only see him consistently starting when injuries and suspensions kick in.

On his day, I'd say Edwards is a better player - niftier footwork and better pace.

*On his day*.

I tend to think Edwards has shown an overall improvement over the last season, but considering how much of the season I've missed through work my sample size is unlikely to be enough to make a fair judgement Speaking of improvement - (from what I've seen) Danny Devine is probably our most improved player, going from looking like the second coming of Willie Kinniburgh to barely putting a foot wrong in matches against most attacks. I know Lindsay and others can stake a claim to that which is very fair, but considering that Lindsay did look competent last season relative to how poorly Devine started life at Firhill, I'm really pleased with just how far he's come on.

You guys are on the wind up! You must be!? Lol [emoji38] great stuff. Take yer shite chat to WAT [emoji6]. That's where I expect to read this patter.
Craigan better than Edwards! Are you all on crack!? Whilst I was one that would have kept the hard working ex-Edinburgh University player he's not in the same league (literally) as Edwards who by the way is rated very highly by his home nation and almost made the full squad as one of their youngsters. Not to mention he captained that U23 team up until earlier this year. A nation that is higher than us in the ranking system i may add. He may not be our best player and some argue not PoTY nomination worthy but this chat has spiraled out of control. He's been one of the best players in a team that's excelled this year. He's definitely a team player. And very good one. Even if he doesn't play great he works tirelessly and breaks up play very well. He's also quite a smart lad just like our former graduate Jimmy!

My oh my that is funny. You almost had me. I'll tell you what let's do a swap deal. I bet Falkirk would bite your arm of for him as would a few other teams many in our division.

[emoji849] I took the bait! [emoji85]

So, they're much of a muchness then?

The competition for places in midfield next season will be excellent, it'll hopefully bring out the best in everyone.

I'd have no arguements if Edwards started before a few of the regular starters (when fit) as he's played his part in a team that has achieved top 6.

Edited by Maine

If we add the likes of Hippolyte and Super Murrio we will have a very decent squad. The main worry would be losing Lindsay and Keown from the defence. Our form this year is fantastic considering the core squad size and the injuries in midfield as well as Booth and Erskine carrying injuries. 

What a club.

I'd rather we continued down our path of signing guys none of us have heard of from English clubs rather than started fishing in the Scottish lower leagues where the competition for signatures amongst premiership clubs is greater which drives up wages. 

16 hours ago, Rednyella said:

Edwards who by the way is rated very highly by his home nation and almost made the full squad as one of their youngsters. 

1 minute ago, Rednyella said:

Difference is Edwards is in the national setup as a captain and was in the full 30 man Australia squad.
Not quite the same 'almost'.

It's your word you utter mentalist.