The Partick Thistle thread

Doolan will probably win, which you can hardly argue with considering the milestones.

In saying that I'd agree with Fuctifano's top 3 as my choices, although Cerny is probably the most important overall, because without him we're a complete bombscare and with him we're solid as f**k.

10 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Why are the sitting in a stream?

Also does Edwards have a case of the Dukes, as he's sitting on a chair whilst others are sitting on rocks?

5 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Doolan will probably win, which you can hardly argue with considering the milestones.

In saying that I'd agree with Fuctifano's top 3 as my choices, although Cerny is probably the most important overall, because without him we're a complete bombscare and with him we're solid as f**k.

I suspect Doolan will win it but he didn't score in the league until the end of October. He's been pretty impressive since then especially with all the talk of the milestones, he fairly breezed through the last 5 goals.

Id go for either Barton or Lindsay. Barton has been one of Archies best signings, made a massive difference when he came in and is such a classy player. Think I'll vote Lindsay though, huge improvement this season and been a rock at the back, plus he's chipped in with an impressive number of goals.

22 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Voted for Cerny on this basis, but I kind of want Doolan to win it. 

If it wasn't for his injury in February I'm pretty sure I would have voted for Sean Welsh. I think the way he turned it round from poor early season performances, scapegoating and dog's abuse from the stands to become arguably our best midfielder was a real testament to his determination.
As he's not on the list it's difficult to know who to choose as the team has performed so strongly as a whole. Ah what the hell.....Doolan it is.

Think Erskine probably deserved in ahead of Edwards, more goals and assists (edit: and I'm sure one of those guys on twitter who does the SPFL advanced stats has him very high up in the whole league on chances created), probably didn't help him that when he was playing well at the start of the season the rest of the team were playing badly.

Still, nice to have the problem about who to leave off the POTY shortlist rather than "well, he was OK I suppose".

Edited by Fuctifano

All of them have had fantastic seasons but amazed no one has said Cerny! Since his return the team has only being going in one direction. He's a rock. Great organizer and the boys at the back are supremely confident when he's between the sticks. Last years winner but once again this year I think he edges a great bunch of nominees. Cerny gets the nod for me.

19 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Cerny always seems to pull off great saves every time I watch sportscene. Criminal that Stubbs persisted with that turnip oxley over him. 

Looing forward to visiting Firhill next season x

I get the logic behind not wanting to suddenly start changing keepers in the middle of the season. You were doing well before Cerny came in and Oxley had been there for the duration of that, so it kinda makes sense.

Either way, worked out pretty well for us.

Edited by Nightmare

Not sure why we needed a shortlist of 6 as I'd say Booth and Edwards' inclusion is a tad generous. Think the other 4 would all be validly justified for POTY.

Barton is one of the most talented players I've seen at Thistle. First to admit that I couldn't see him as a centre-half at all initially but that's his best position by a million miles - game passes him by a bit in midfield, much better when he's got everything in front of him for me.

Dools is just Dools. A hero.

Cerny's importance to the team is abundantly clear; our most important player in my opinion. Scully did well at times when he came in and then we had that absolute carthorse Stuckmann who I think is still getting down to that Joe Dodoo shot. Cerny gives everyone confidence and is the best keeper we've had in my time going to Firhill.

But my vote would be for Lindsay. He has improved ten fold this season and is very much a leader in that defence. He's added goals to his game and his ability on the ball shouldn't be underestimated. An international player in the making and the club are going to pocket some serious change for him in the summer - and good luck to him,

1 hour ago, Walter said:

If it wasn't for his injury in February I'm pretty sure I would have voted for Sean Welsh. I think the way he turned it round from poor early season performances, scapegoating and dog's abuse from the stands to become arguably our best midfielder was a real testament to his determination.
As he's not on the list it's difficult to know who to choose as the team has performed so strongly as a whole. Ah what the hell.....Doolan it is.

Yep, I'd echo that. I thought Welsh came on to a great game prior to his injury. Sure if he'd managed to continue that form, he'd have made the list.

Edwards is going to win the popular vote, isn't he?

The electoral college will win it for whichever of your players is the dumbest, least deserving, and most likely to invade Syria of your players.

FWIW if I had a vote, I'd vote for Cerny. Have a look at the highlights of the Motherwell vs ICT game to see what having an awful keeper does to a team.

I like Edwards but one of the main reason he's won a few player of the month awards this year is that he retweets every nomination onto his timeline, so all his pals/family etc pile in with the votes.

I'd probably give it to Cerny or Lindsay for similar reasons to Armand 2. Also agree Barton is more effective at the back, and certainly more pleasing on the eye there, but still done a very decent job in midfield.

I also think Archie will nearly always start him despite potentially huge competition in midfield as it allows him to switch formation mid-game because he can switch between sweeper and centre mid.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

The electoral college will win it for whichever of your players is the dumbest, least deserving, and most likely to invade Syria of your players.

FWIW if I had a vote, I'd vote for Cerny. Have a look at the highlights of the Motherwell vs ICT game to see what having an awful keeper does to a team.

You do. In fact you've got one vote per device.

1 hour ago, Rednyella said:

On this P&B thread not broadly. He's got 15% of the vote thus far.

Without Tam there is no doubt we be playing some bottom feeder like Dundee this weekend emoji6.png

My point was that just a few posts above yours on this thread, there were mentions of Cerny.