The Partick Thistle thread

Seems a bit of a change of tack for us to be looking at players from the Championship (aware this is just a wild rumour at the moment), think the only ones we've signed from there since promotion were Booth and Cerny from Hibs. I thought we'd be paying a fee for both of them but just googled Murray and he's 25.

Mentioned earlier about Nisbet going out on loan, McLaughlin might be knocking on the door next season or at least being put out on loan, he's a year younger than Nisbet and has scored a barrowload for the Dev squad this season (I'm sure I read 22 or 23 goals), I know Chris Duggan scored loads at that level so it's not a guarantee but it is at least encouraging,

21 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I don't think there's a striker at either Falkirk, Morton or Dundee United that I'd take apart from Jai Quitongo, and I'm sure Morton have him signed up for at least another year.

Jim Duffy always has a good word to say about the jags and obviously played for us so you could be right with the jags link.  Both Quintingo and the lad Oliver seem very highly rated. 

In terms of strikers I always thought Sibbald at Falkirk was pretty decent but I doubt we could afford him

Aye, it looked like a broken arm or dislocated shoulder, would imagine he'll be out til after the split at a minimum,

Final note on the Doolan record, he's scored against 26 of the other 41 league teams plus Cove. Of the other 15, the only ones he's played against are:

Queen's Park, Stenny, and Berwick all twice, including 2 of them in the group stage of this year's league cup and Aberdeen probably about a dozen times.

I'd say it's an odd anomaly he hasn't scored against Aberdeen but considering we've had about 10 shots on target in 4 years of playing them and pretty much all of them were from Lyle Taylor, it's maybe not that odd.

Yeah, definitely looked like one of those two, although I was quite far away over in the JHS so hoped it was just a short one.  Unfortunate, but he hasn't been quite as good as he has at times, so hopefully the rest and recuperation does him good.  

Interesting note about Doolan too.  He'll pap 5 past them after the split anyway.

4 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I'd say it's an odd anomaly he hasn't scored against Aberdeen but considering we've had about 10 shots on target in 4 years of playing them and pretty much all of them were from Lyle Taylor, it's maybe not that odd.

Laughed out loud at how true that is. I'd only add that time Higginbotham had a shot from the kick-off...

2 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Laughed out loud at how true that is. I'd only add that time Higginbotham had a shot from the kick-off...

Hit the bar, off target :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, jagfox99 said:

Hit the bar, off target :rolleyes:

Does the bar count as off-target?

I always thought it counted as on target...

Edited by Ad Lib
ETA: and wasn't it flapped onto the bar by the keeper?

1 minute ago, Ad Lib said:

Does the bar count as off-target?

I always thought it counted as on target...

Woodwork is off target, touched onto the bar would be on target. As your edit message states it could have been a tip onto the bar.

Lee Mair and Conrad Balatoni have scored against Aberdeen for us but King Kris hasn't, just bizzare:lol: 

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

Lee Mair and Conrad Balatoni have scored against Aberdeen for us but King Kris hasn't, just bizzare:lol: 

As far as I'm aware lee mair only scored twice for us once against hibs in a 3-1 win and the other at tynecastle in the 4-2 game. But your defiantly right in saying it's bizarre that Doolan haven't scored against the Dons for us. Correct me if I am wrong but I think he has scored against every other team since our promotion bar Aberdeen.

15 minutes ago, Griff Sheridan said:

Good result for us with County beating Dundee. Just need Killie to not beat Sevco and Hearts and we're in, no matter what happens against Motherwell.

Unless Motherwell beat us 10-0 and win their other 2 games and we lose the other 2.

But yes, barring some absolute shoeings it's down to us and Killie now.

*bets on Celtic -5 tomorrow as insurance*