The Partick Thistle thread

17 minutes ago, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

Does Inn Deep show the football? I cant remember and figured this could be the best place for an answer.

It does but tends to be foreign channels showing premier league games. So I'm not sure if they'll have Sky Sports.

After the latest bottle job, we've got a crunch game next week against one of the lower clubs where again because of our pathetic results against the big guns we've put a lot of pressure on ourselves to take something from games like this.

What concerns me a bit too is after some good results the 3-5-2 has been found out and teams have adapted to it, so its back to the 4-2-3-1 we've stuck with from the McNamara days and hasn't really worked otherwise this season. Oh and we seen Christie Elliott as a forward player for 5 years or so, hes rotten rthere, he either plays wing back or doesn't play at all.

After that its really difficult to see us staying up for me, even if we often have players who have individually good games. Our arse would fall out if we had a play off game.

I really don't want to see that big dumplin Stuckmann again either.

31 minutes ago, Pride_of_the_Clyde said:

See you in several months, you pathetic losers.

Hmm sour grapes I think. Your the same guy that was going on about how thistle fans shouldn't make a fuss over Barton  winning POTM. Just cos all Morton can boast is a league 1 title…

In midfield and up front I believe we have enough in the squad. In fact it's better than it has been years previous. But Archie has really let us down with little investment at the back and having a third choice goalie for the last month also doesn't help.

We want to play good football but the sad fact is we need to grow some stones. We lack the desire and aggression to want to punish teams and lack that clinical bite so with the last 4 out of 5 games losing late goals we are going to be heading the championship at this rate. I wouldn't feel confident of beating out Hibs or Arabs to retain a place in the premiership.

I think Archie and Shaggy are brand new and have done a lot to get us here, but whatever they are doing to try and sort this issue out isn't working and so it comes back to them and their lack of abilities as the coaching and management team.

A month ago he was a target for a "bigger" better paid job in England. Today fans are losing patience with him.
I notice this on twitter and Facebook after a game that should have been over by half time today against a team we've not beaten since the early nineties.

I get the feeling something isn't right. Could be and hope I'm wrong but we've wasted so many opportunities and lost so many points. There are so many bum teams around us we should be horsing.

We've got a good enough squad. I do believe that but Archie now really needs to get them to believe that and get them to grow a pair going into this tough next month.

All our followers out in force this weekend. Where have you been hiding, Leefy?

Positives to take from yesterday are that we played generally quite well, and are still only 2 points from 6th place thanks to there being 7 pretty much equally rubbish teams, meaning that someone terrible is going to make the top 6 this year.

Probably all outweighed by the fact that we're still a shower of absolute shitebags in games against the top teams. I dunno if we'll ever fix that with this manager or this group of players, but considering we have Accies next and then Celtic, Hearts, Celtic, it makes Saturday's game incredibly important seeing as we'll likely take f**k all in the 3 that follow it.

We're not *completely* in the shit as yet, but we're going to have to start getting results somehow. I heard Hartley talking about getting Dundee "back to basics" after we beat them and they've now gone 3 for 3 edit: just remembered they lost to Rangers, albeit last minute - hoping Archie can do similar.

Adam Barton played really well yesterday, particularly carrying the ball out from the back. Still not sure I'd play him as a centre half against some of the bigger, stronger strikers in the league but it made a huge difference not having to worry about him chucking a goal away like Devine did for Rangers' second at Ibrox.

Gordon was great too I thought, and Edwards looked lively coming on. Crazy to think that had his shot dipped a little bit lower or been struck from just a yard further out, or if Osman doesn't slip right at the end when challenging Miller we take something from the game, but we've been here before - if we don't kill a game off then in all likelihood with the side that we've got we're going to chuck draws away into defeats, or chuck wins into draws, and we can't afford to keep doing this.

Stuckmann wasn't great for the winner but he's done about as well as a third choice keeper can be expected, really. Scully or Cerny back ASAP pls.

I've still got a lot of goodwill for Archie and Shaggy - I even have a lot of goodwill for the bulk of the current squad, but I'd maintain that Azeez would be best served getting a loan to the Championship and we could do with an upgrade on Welsh (caught in possession too often, nearly gifting Dodoo a goal yesterday from this) and Fraser (too injury prone and inconsistent) in midfield - to see us right but we've got a busy December schedule ahead; Celtic x2 and Hearts away is a write-off already, which is grim.

Depending on who's available in January and what sort of interest we get for our current fringe players I'd love to see us pull a Lyle Taylor out of the bag given that our only reliable goalscoring forward is Doolan, maybe even a good, solid defensive leader if we can so that we can have Osman and Barton in midfield together. Easier said than done but if nothing else the old cliche of players returning from injury being like new signings, given how depleted our squad is, will actually have some truth to it - getting last seasons POTY Cerny back in goal, and having Dumbuya and Bannigan returning seeing as they always show for the ball and make themselves available which we lack at times, will be massive, though a lot hinges on how fully they've recovered...

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely