The Partick Thistle thread

12 minutes ago, mrcat1990 said:

I always love how new members jump on stating utter nonsense then don't understand why people call them out on it. He's not getting wound up broski, you've just made an opinion which is roundly judged as being incorrect.

Fair enough mate. I am known by my friends for jumping to conclusions quite quickly it just seemed like he was getting wound up to me by saying stuff like Jesus Christ and pointing out that I had to reply in 3 separate posts. If I have come across as talking utter nonsense then I apologise. Btw I actual mean all that I have just said its just the way I have put it makes it sound like I'm being sarcastic. 

Don't know if anyone else has had this problem but I have been trying to sign up to wearethistle for 2 years I have created numerous accounts but none of which are ever given posting rights they all just say the admin would like to review all accounts before giving them posting rights. I have done all other steps validation email etc also I have tried to contact the Admin and webmaster many times but always get the same email back saying that they will get back to me shortly which no one ever has. I mean I know that the admin said that they were taking a step back from the forum but is it physically impossible to register a new account because I know since I have been trying other people have successfully validated their account?

Fair enough mate. I am known by my friends for jumping to conclusions quite quickly it just seemed like he was getting wound up to me by saying stuff like Jesus Christ and pointing out that I had to reply in 3 separate posts. If I have come across as talking utter nonsense then I apologise. Btw I actual mean all that I have just said its just the way I have put it makes it sound like I'm being sarcastic. 

It's only our opinion that you were talking nonsense. The benefit of this forum is you're free to air your opinions (unless being racist, sexist, sectarian etc) but expect your opinions to be dissected and discussed. Some posters style comes across grumpier than others and you're just going to have to roll with it.

Don't know if anyone else has had this problem but I have been trying to sign up to wearethistle for 2 years I have created numerous accounts but none of which are ever given posting rights they all just say the admin would like to review all accounts before giving them posting rights. I have done all other steps validation email etc also I have tried to contact the Admin and webmaster many times but always get the same email back saying that they will get back to me shortly which no one ever has. I mean I know that the admin said that they were taking a step back from the forum but is it physically impossible to register a new account because I know since I have been trying other people have successfully validated their account?

Forget WAT and embrace the P&B and you'll reach full enlightenment quicker.

On 11/1/2016 at 10:45, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Our youngest ever player to feature for the first team according to fm, too.

Guessing that He Who Deals Drugs And Headbutts Women is a closeish second.

On 11/1/2016 at 23:51, Reid said:

Pretty sure FM is wrong. Think Neil McLaughlin is the youngest then it's Gavin Rushford. I'm sure SLJ will be along soon to tell me I'm wrong though.

On 11/2/2016 at 08:46, dave.j said:

No, Motherwell away, Ben Richards Everton played at Centre Half.

Sure it was McLaughlin.... anyway, that lad that came off the bench is our youngest first team player. 

On 11/2/2016 at 10:50, Pie Of The Month said:

I thought McLaughlin was the youngest player in the top flight in so many years rather than our youngest player but I'm more than likely wrong. 

He was the first player to play in the top flight who was born after Scotland qualified for a major tournament which is utterly depressing. 

Neil McLaughlin is Thistle's youngest known top flight player. The youngest player to have played at any level of Scottish football is Jamie McKenzie, when he made his debut in the first division in 1997. 

Ryan Scully is Thistle's youngest ever known player to be part of a squad(I.E. starting the game or sitting on the bench). 

On 11/2/2016 at 12:58, Mediocre Pundit said:

How's McLaughlin developing?

He's doing alright. Remarkably, he only turned 18 today. He's not a striker but he has played three games as a striker in the Youth Cup and bagged 7 goals(o.k. three were penalties). 

Watching the development squad this year has been good. The team have been playing together for a couple of years now and it's starting to show. Players are playing off the cuff and knowing the runs each other are going to make. Our three defeats this season have been against St Johnstone(a kamikaze 10 minutes), Ross County(overagers experience done us) and Motherwell(by far a better side than us. All of their players, bar one, had first team experience and it showed). I'd love to get Kevin Nisbet back from his loan in Jan and have him involved for a while(even though it's too easy for him). With him up front we'd have won heavily against several sides. McDaid has proved competent in the striking role but Nisbet is a class above. 

Of the new additions from the Weir Academy the one that has impressed me most is Callum Wilson. He's only 17, so very small and light built, but he is a proper energetic midfielder. He just runs and runs and runs. He's added a good goalscoring threat, makes great runs for assists, just needs to strengthen up and he has a chance. He's also clearly learning from Dominic Docherty and Andrew McCarthy who are both performing well this season. Hopefully his season will continue to get better and better.