The Partick Thistle thread

Was he the guy with the bleach blonde hair?  Who basically single-handidly got Hibs relegated in 2014?

Yeah, one of the worst players, never mind full backs, I've ever seen at this level.

And James Collins had two fairly decent spells at Shrewsbury either side of his shambles at Hibs.

I reckon we'd be better going for the likes of Scott Mckenzie if Archie were to move on. Knows what's expected and already coaching the system the first team are playing. Would prevent us seeing the usual dross being suggested for the job

19 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

He's said he's staying?

Yes - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/37716771

14:18

The Firhill boss says he is open to a move to English football at some point, but for now he is happy in Glasgow.

"It interests me, I've said that before. It's something I want to do down the line but I still think I've got unfinished business here in keeping the team in the division the last few seasons and hopefully we can do that again.

"You've got to make sure it's right on all counts at the club and make sure you are going to a club that suits.

"You've got to take everything into consideration - who you're working with and the relationships you've got. It's not just about going to what might seem a bigger club but you've got to learn about the infrastructure and everything about it. 

"I didn't get to speak to the club so I don't know anything about it. My full concentration is on Partick Thistle. I've got a good job here and they've been good with me over the last few years."

13:49

Partick Thistle manager Alan Archibald does not expect to have any personal contact with Shrewsbury Town about their managerial vacancy. 

The 38-year-old has assured Jags fans that he will be in the Firhill dug-out for Saturday's match against Ross County. 

"The club mentioned the other day that there had been an approach and the club's spoke and that's as far as it went," Archibald told BBC Scotland.

"For me it's put to bed. It's flattering that somebody was interested."

Edited by Bishop Briggs

28 minutes ago, Red 'N Yellow said:

Archibald: The only way I'll leave Thistle is if they sack me

I was about to criticise his use of the kind of glib management speak that others had previously praised him for avoiding, but it appears he didn't actually say that.

Distinct lack of ambition.  Modest success at Shrewsbury would have put him on the radar of championship level clubs.

Nice part of the country too.

Spoiler

Only kidding. Good to have Archie in for the long haul.

Time to start moving further up that table and a cup run would be nice.

Oh yeah, and a free agent centre half wouldn't go amiss either.

#archiesarmy

6 hours ago, capt_oats said:

It's not a league that I've ever given much attention to but I've been keeping an eye on League 1 this season purely on account of Johnson having ended up at Oxford and Stephen Robinson taking the Oldham manager's job (with Baraclough as his assistant!) and taking guys like Josh Law with him along with bringing in Connor Ripley and Lee Erwin on loan.

There's such a weird delusional entitlement around quite a few of the fanbases, particularly Oxford who seem to take a bizarre moral high ground and have a far higher opinion of themselves than they actually warrant. I watched their game against Wimbledon the other week when it was on the telly and it was absolutely dire. Proper throwback hoofball stuff. For all the talk of the attraction of the game in England, their lower leagues seem to be utterly soul destroying; empty stands and generally poor fare with managers getting binned left, right and centre.

The fans seem to believe merely playing in the English leagues mean they're brilliant, as they only sit 100 places below Man City. Its hilarious to view.