The Partick Thistle thread

http://videocelts.com/2016/08/blogs/latest-news/doncaster-explains-reasons-for-partick-postponement-again/

Anyone any thoughts on this piece of garbage and the excuses he makes in the article? Surely he is not suggesting that teams like the Jags should be happy to be paid off with 150k and keep their mouths shut? [emoji15] but it sounds like that's exactly what he is saying!?

26 minutes ago, Rednyella said:

http://videocelts.com/2016/08/blogs/latest-news/doncaster-explains-reasons-for-partick-postponement-again/

Anyone any thoughts on this piece of garbage and the excuses he makes in the article? Surely he is not suggesting that teams like the Jags should be happy to be paid off with 150k and keep their mouths shut? emoji15.png but it sounds like that's exactly what he is saying!?

That is exactly what he is saying. It's like the monetarists idea of trickle down economics. The poor should be grateful to the rich because without them they'd have even less, conveniently forgetting that without them there'd be more for most. Time for a revolution I reckon.

3 hours ago, archie guevara said:

That is exactly what he is saying. It's like the monetarists idea of trickle down economics. The poor should be grateful to the rich because without them they'd have even less, conveniently forgetting that without them there'd be more for most. Time for a revolution I reckon.

There is a deep infection in Scottish football with the idea that without the OF teams our game would be non-existent. Doncaster should be ashamed of himself if he thinks that $150K means we at the provincial / smaller clubs are happy to be dictated too. By pushing us to the side and supporting the date and time in which Celtic wanted to play the game Doncaster is saying the SPFL do not support Partick Thistle FC. If that is the case then we as a club should show little confidence in his leadership. Other clubs around our standing should also take this as an affront as they all now it could equally happen to them in the future. The article shows this man is a disgrace and should be held to account...but he wont be as Celtic have him in their pocket.  

9 minutes ago, Rednyella said:

There is a deep infection in Scottish football with the idea that without the OF teams our game would be non-existent. Doncaster should be ashamed of himself if he thinks that $150K means we at the provincial / smaller clubs are happy to be dictated too. By pushing us to the side and supporting the date and time in which Celtic wanted to play the game Doncaster is saying the SPFL do not support Partick Thistle FC. If that is the case then we as a club should show little confidence in his leadership. Other clubs around our standing should also take this as an affront as they all now it could equally happen to them in the future. The article shows this man is a disgrace and should be held to account...but he wont be as Celtic have him in their pocket.  

I was quite bemused by that statement also, so much so that I began to think that the Premiership teams got a cut of that £2-3m Celtic apparently got for the meaningless friendlies!

I don't really bame Celtic for this, just the fact that its allowed to happen.

Only shit trickles down these days.

indeed, sod celebrating any celtic goal tbh.

tho the £100k (I think) if they don't utterly f**k the second leg might mean we can sign 2 players instead of 1 before the end of the window. I know other Prem teams get that money as well but I trust Archie to spend it more than most unless it's on a CF.