The Partick Thistle thread

16 hours ago, Nizzy said:

Jury's still out on Muzzy. He had a few standout performances last season, but O'Donnell contributed so much more. Remain to be convinced.

The one thing Muzzy has going for him is his pace.  He looks like he absolutely terrifies anyone he's up against, because they know he'll be able to run very quickly all day.  Defensively he's not great, but going forward he's probably one of the better players we've had at full-back positions.  

I vaguely remember one game last season where we got absolutely pumped and he put in a shameful defensive display...post split was it?  Aye, post-split Inverness.  The one where our sole player tracking back for the first was Doolan, and Muzzy spent most of the game sauntering around not tracking runs.

1 hour ago, forameus said:

The one thing Muzzy has going for him is his pace.  He looks like he absolutely terrifies anyone he's up against, because they know he'll be able to run very quickly all day.  Defensively he's not great, but going forward he's probably one of the better players we've had at full-back positions.  

I vaguely remember one game last season where we got absolutely pumped and he put in a shameful defensive display...post split was it?  Aye, post-split Inverness.  The one where our sole player tracking back for the first was Doolan, and Muzzy spent most of the game sauntering around not tracking runs.

I think that's been Dumbuya's only sub-par performance for us, and if I remember rightly, everyone was terrible on that day. Yes, defensively he isn't great, but going forward he's a valuable asset with his pace and his final ball isn't too bad either. If he stays fit then, for me, he's one of the best players in our squad.

ETA - Agree with the above that his heading is immense for someone so small. I remember the game against Accies away towards the end of the season where he came on as a sub on his first game back from injury and literally won every high ball that came anywhere near him.

Edited by GrahamJags

I'd completely disagree with the opinion that Dumbaya isn't great defensively. Anyone who was at Pittodrie on New Year's Eve would agree that he was absolutely outstanding in a defensive capacity that night.

He's extremely strong in the tackle for someone of his size. Whilst I'm not disputing that he's at his best when he's attacking, he's a more than competent defender as well.

Thought Wilson had a decent game and carried Welsh. If Wilson can get consistent 1st team exp he will iron out the stray passes and we have a ready made Banzo replacement if he leaves in 2 years. 

Would still like a big nasty b*****d CB. 

Somewhat tradgic that QotS hit both posts and cross bar. 

A few players just need to have confidence going forward (Ziggy n Wilson off the top of my head). 

Pitch looking wonderful. I also had osman sitting in the row behind me with his brother. He was then told to piss off by some season ticket holders who I don't think recognised him.

Was he not with Pogba's brother (Florentin)?

Thought we were poor for the most part today. Erskine is just brilliant though.

5 minutes ago, Reid said:

Was he not with Pogba's brother (Florentin)?

Thought we were poor for the most part today. Erskine is just brilliant though.

Might well have been actually now you say it.  I heard him mention something about twin brother, never got a look at the guy, but think they moved to the Weir Stand after, and Pogba was paying a lot of attention to there.

Some pretty good stuff today I thought, but looks like we haven't really changed much from the usual going behind and then shiting it.  At least we got back in front - had we scored earlier I think we'd have gone on to score a lot more.

Azeez looks pretty promising too.

Pitch looking wonderful. I also had osman sitting in the row behind me with his brother. He was then told to piss off by some season ticket holders who I don't think recognised him.

It was Pogba's brother.

Azeez looks like he could be a useful player once he settles in. I felt a bit sorry for wilson, he was trying really hard but it just wasn't working for him, he needs to work on his passing but had the right ideas.