The Partick Thistle thread

Archie called his agent a few weeks ago and was told there's no chance. He'd just rejected Jagellonia in Poland and Dundee were in for him too.

Surprised we got him but I'd imagine he thought he'd have better options. Even if it's just for a year, that's a phenomenal signing with Dumbuya out.

Brilliant signing.

Pretty sure he's played left back and centre half for Accies in the past - think he might have been right centre half in the 2-2 game at Firhill - so really is perfect for us. Don't think anyone could have expected an upgrade on Gary Miller, but we've managed it.

I think Gordon will be a regular all season, so once Dumbuya is back it might be -
Dumbuya Gordon Lindsay/Devine Booth.

Once everyone is fit we have a very good team at this level.

He definitely did play CB that day, and that's cover for left back sorted as well.

Surprised he didn't just go back to Accies, seems a full on Balatoni situation. I doubt he'll be here longer than the year but it's a very good signing.

I still want one more out and out centre half, though.

That's a superb signing. I genuinely thought he would have been away down south for big money. Absolutely delighted with that. Can he cover in central defence?

Yes. I actually think he's a better CB than RB (although he was playing on the right side of a back 3).

Quite the surprise, particularly when you see what he had to say about Dundee and Jagiellonia...

Paul Hartley is a fantastic manager and he's a great guy as well, but my gut feeling at the time was that it wasn't the right path for me to go on.

These two were really good offers. People would bite your hand off to go to either club - massive clubs with massive opportunities.

Dundee are a big club here and I'm sure they'll do well this season and Bialystok in Poland, they are a big club and have just got a new stadium as well - 17,000 fans every week.

So it was a very tough decision and I don't take it lightly. It just didn't sit well enough with me to sign.

Decent signing by Partick.

Hamilton might be in a bit of bother, I reckon, offering no insight at all.

We have a very depleted squad. We've got a few trialists (can't see I've heard of any of them, other than Donati), we've lost a couple of regulars (and Lucas is most likely away), and our squad did just enough to survive last season - and that was with two very poor teams below us.

We have a very depleted squad. We've got a few trialists (can't see I've heard of any of them, other than Donati), we've lost a couple of regulars (and Lucas is most likely away), and our squad did just enough to survive last season - and that was with two very poor teams below us.

Yeah, the last minute, mass trialist policy doesn't usually end well.

11 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

Yes

Ta.

Wonder if the first league game will see us start with:

Cerny

Syme  Gordon  Devine  Booth

Osman  Welsh

Amoo  Erskine  Lawless

Doolan

Archie called his agent a few weeks ago and was told there's no chance. He'd just rejected Jagellonia in Poland and Dundee were in for him too.

Surprised we got him but I'd imagine he thought he'd have better options. Even if it's just for a year, that's a phenomenal signing with Dumbuya out.

He didn't give us a response whilst he was exploring his his options in Poland. As little as 3-4 days ago his agent was back in touch with Dundee saying he wanted to go ahead with our offer, but the club said he'd had enough time to decide and we'd moved on to other targets.

I'd have taken him tbh but seems like his agent was at it.

If you said in April that, fully fit, our best match-day line-up would be:

Cerny

Dumbuya Gordon Devine/Lindsay Booth

Osman Bannigan

Amoo Erskine Lawless

Doolan

Subs: Scully, Devine/Lindsay, Syme, Fraser/Welsh, Elliott, Edwards, Pogba/Azeez

Effectively meaning in reserve not even being contemplated we have Fraser or Welsh, Pogba or Azeez, Penrice, Nisbet, Wilson and McDaid.

I think most of us would have been pretty pleased. There is a depth there that we will benefit from substantially in the coming months.