Stinlar v Super Ayr; Honest Men v Ferry Boys: Promotion bonanza

Fair point Thomas,but are we.Since the start of 2016 we probably have been more consistent than Ayr and although they finished above us in the league,that counts for nothing in the playoffs.A look at Stranraers stats at home recently shows they have hit top form at the right time and a few of my mates are on at 8/1 to win the playoffs,how the cream cookies price this one I wouldn't know,but I wouldn't think Stranraer will be massive underdogs

McBookie price both teams at 5/6.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buzzing for this, see there's about 6/7 buses booked up already. If we play like we did against Peterhead in both legs I fancy us by a few goals over the aggregate games, however it's Ayr so it won't be easy by any means. Would bite your hand off for 2-0 Ayr Wednesday, Preston and McCrorie picking up the goals and taking the lead to Somerset!

We can, but dream!

There are many people in Stranraer who share a dislike of the club for various reasons , some justified some not . Some players have definitely been rejected by Stranraer over the years but as others have said there has not always been a pathway into the first team because of finances etc Jamie wont really have an opinion on Stranraer, certainly has no affiliation to us like most locals. It's nothing personal but if he gets stick form our fans for being a local I can see why he would want to "get one over" us . There will be a high amount of locals at the game supporting Ayr because of Jamie, which is daft but there is probably more people in the town which hate the club than support the club . I would of loved to see him sign, if he is fit, one of Ayrs best players every time I seen him this year against us.

Do you think those 12 points will help your financially shambles of a club stay in the league?

You didn't manage to take 12 points from us this season.

Looking Forward to seeing AJ managing a full time side against other full time teams again, went so well for him last time

OSLN6nO.jpg

We took over 500 to the league game so you can expect at least 1200-1500 travelling for this important tie.

Aye, I expect a lot to travel by car as we usually do.

Had this been the Sunday game it could easily have been double that, just using Airdrie and Brechin as examples.

There are many people in Stranraer who share a dislike of the club for various reasons , some justified some not . Some players have definitely been rejected by Stranraer over the years but as others have said there has not always been a pathway into the first team because of finances etc Jamie wont really have an opinion on Stranraer, certainly has no affiliation to us like most locals. It's nothing personal but if he gets stick form our fans for being a local I can see why he would want to "get one over" us . There will be a high amount of locals at the game supporting Ayr because of Jamie, which is daft but there is probably more people in the town which hate the club than support the club . I would of loved to see him sign, if he is fit, one of Ayrs best players every time I seen him this year against us.

What have you lot done wrong to cause this feeling?

Imagine the meltdown on here if Ayr go on and Hibs it against Brian Reid.

I'd be gutted if we don't go up, however no more than against a team with any other manager.

Personally I think the Championship would be better with us there rather than Stranraer, but we have to earn it over the 2 legs, however Stranraer will have similar thoughts. We're in for a hell of a 180 minutes.

Imagine the meltdown on here if Ayr go on and Hibs it against Brian Reid.

10 points more than us in 2016 means it's only Stranraer that can Hibs it.

How on earth are Ayr favourites on Wednesday?

Archived