Premiership Play Off Semi Final

Guest Back Post Misses

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats true, but to be fair it's probably quite faded as it was written on there 114 years ago, erosion may mean that it is completely unreadable now.

Ya b*****d, I was gonna dae that!

Fully deserved victory for the Bairns last night. Hibs remind me a bit of some of Yogi's Falkirk teams, all tippy tappy pish with (often) no result at the end. Henderson's a great player though and the spitting image of his faither (who played for us don't ya know). Much better than McGinn imo.

Think it'll be very difficult to get past Kilmarnock as we'll be completely knackered. The one bit of hope with that one is though that Killie don't do two good performances in a row.

They'll be receiving money from 2 cup finals though, does that not make them a decent bit of moolah?

Stunning game last night, Falkirk are a freak of nature in the nicest possible way.

Hibs really are box office, we could all see it coming but I sincerely hope they win next weekend.

Leanne dumpster said several weeks ago that they were on course to make an "800k loss, same as last year".

Although I was in the South Stand I never realised how good Mchugh's goal was till I saw it again, it looked a lot more scrappy at the time. Great finish. Leahy's goal was tremendous. The best and most important Falkirk goal for a long time I really thought we were done just before that.I hope Hibs can pick themselves up and win the cup final.

Has anyone heard from or seen Hibeesbounce75 or Fraser Fyvie? I think they are the only two who haven't faced up on the thread since the final whistle. Hopefully they are ok and haven't drowned in their salty, salty tears.

To add to this, it looked as though the winner came from a foul throw?  :shutup

It's clutching at straws and an additional excuse, but it may be a more consequential incident than the rest.

Match officials' decisions aside, I felt that Alan Stubbs made a significant decision before the game; dropping Cummings for Keatings was a massive call. Keatings took his goals well and is probably more clinical than Cummings, in terms of shots:goals. A target man like Malonga or El Alagui would have been useful, if they were still available. Players that were available and should have been used were Gunnarsson and, to a lesser extent, Fontaine. We could have wedged Fontaine between McGregor & Hanlon to deal with Falkirk's [successful] punts into the box, towards the end of the game. I don't believe Gunnarsson would have made the same mistakes as Gray; he would have offered more in defence against Falkirk's flighted balls into the box.

Hibs should have played it simple and solidified the defence with Fontaine and/or Gunnarsson - when Falkirk began playing it simple and aiming for our centre-backs. Even though this would have risked extra-time with an extra defender on, we would have fared much better in situations that led to Falkirk's late goals. Hibs pushed for a third goal to kill off the tie - but we often played through Fyvie, who would dispossess himself, and Bartley, who looked uncharacteristically uncomfortable. Stubbs undone his pre-match wizardry by making Cummings reappear, rather than conjuring another defender; now we are set for a longer spell in the Championship and the curse of Hibernian continues…

r4JFoEN.gif

I don't rate Stubbs even slightly, but to be fair if Cummings puts that 30-odd yard screamer in instead of melting it off the crossbar he's a hero and it looks like a genius decision to bring him on. I reckon throwing on Fontaine could have caused even more issues as he's a total liability. We've lost countless goals this season trying to sit back and see the game out and I think you lot would have suffered a similar fate. For the McHugh goal your big problem was that 3 players went with Miller leaving a big space in the middle, roughly the same as the equaliser for us in April at Easter Road. 

On the plus side for you, Cummings started at Raith trying to score from a yard, then he tried from the penalty spot, now from 35 yards he hits the bar. Maybe he just needs to start hitting it from the halfway line and it'll be on target.

Has anyone heard from or seen Hibeesbounce75 or Fraser Fyvie? I think they are the only two who haven't faced up on the thread since the final whistle. Hopefully they are ok and haven't drowned in their salty, salty tears.

Currently spooning each other

Henderson looked awfy dissapointed considering it was a meaningless fixture for him really. Theres no way he'll be playing in the championship again next season. If we get past killie hed be a decent squad player for us on loan.

Henderson looked awfy dissapointed considering it was a meaningless fixture for him really. Theres no way he'll be playing in the championship again next season. If we get past killie hed be a decent squad player for us on loan.

I'd take that, I was amazed Celtic loaned him to the championship this year

Anyone else see the Hibs fan trying to fight hundreds of Falkirk fans by himself in Alexander Avenue after the game?

Heard a Hibs fan that works in my local bookies this morning saying there were a couple of handbags scraps outside as the Hibs fans were leaving.

Apparently the bois were being goaded. Terrible that. Really terrible. Not sure by who mind you, as I didn't see anyone leave from the Falkirk end for ages.

The play offs take it out of you, oor games last season took a few years off of me.

They'll be receiving money from 2 cup finals though, does that not make them a decent bit of moolah?

Stunning game last night, Falkirk are a freak of nature in the nicest possible way.

Hibs really are box office, we could all see it coming but I sincerely hope they win next weekend.

Yup. If Hibs are in financial trouble after the season they've had, they are in worse shape than anyone thought.

Archived