Battlefield 1

Lyle Lanley

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll wait until more gameplay is shown to make a proper decision, but I'm definitely liking the look of it. Happy to see that they're going backwards in time given how many modern and futuristic shooters there are now.

Haven't been impressed with the direction COD games went in. Players whizzing around the map just isn't my cup of tea.

The Battlefield trailer is interesting though. However, I think the trailer was lacking in gameplay. In saying that, going by how silly COD is these days I've no doubt Battlefield will be the better game.

Haven't been impressed with the direction COD games went in. Players whizzing around the map just isn't my cup of tea.

The Battlefield trailer is interesting though. However, I think the trailer was lacking in gameplay. In saying that, going by how silly COD is these days I've no doubt Battlefield will be the better game.

It's almost as if they thought the hackers had the right idea.

Not played the battlefield games before, but this looks like it will change my mind.

Not played the battlefield games before, but this looks like it will change my mind.

I haven't bought a Battlefield game before either. I imagine a lot of people who've regularly bought COD will be buying this instead.

Yawn, i wont lie they know how to make a great trailer but thats no indicator of what the actual game will look or play like. You can have the greatest trailer in the world, doesnt mean you will have the greatest game in the world.

Lets see EA/DICE most recent history.

Battlefield 4 - Beyond broken, fixed to a degree then abandoned
Battlefield Hardline - Pointless game which is basically dead now
Star Wars Battlefront - Absolute cash grab with good graphics, overpriced season pass and will be abandoned for its sequel

A good trailer doesnt wipe thier previous failings. Ill take this game with a pinch of salt.

I loved battlefield 3, have passe on 4 and the Star Wars version as they seem to be poor iterations and don't seem to have developed the gaming experience in any meaningful way.

This has the potential to be a return to form, but as has been said, let's wait for some proper in game footage and also whether they have added in any gimmicks or not.

Must admit though, the thought of bi- plane dog fights/strafing trenches, driving MK-IV Tanks around and bayoneting has whetted the appetite.

Don't f**k this up DICE.

Archived