Summer Transfer Window

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

You're missing one Morton signing: Jamie McDonagh, forward from Sheffield United who joined in July. Though he's already the fifth choice for a place up front so it'll be no surprise to see him gone in January.

Cheers, did he play against us? Can't say I've heard of him :lol:

On 9/3/2016 at 10:42, squeezeboxson said:

5th choice? I thought Morton only had 2/3 forwards in their squad.

Neither Oliver or Scullion are really centre forwards, yet McDonagh's offered so little so far they're already both ahead of him for a spot there. Although he's used McDonagh out wide as well. Possibly 6th choice now Orr is back from Livingston too: the problem isn't the number of centre forwards we have but the total lack of quality. Quitongo's an 18 year old who has just broken into the team, Oyenuga is unproven but hasn't impressed so far, Scullion and Oliver aren't really centre forwards, McDonagh has contributed nothing so far and Orr is back because he couldn't get a game for Livingston.

There's no doubt that we have the worst strikeforce in the league on paper, but Duffy's happy to 'wait and see' whether we need to add to the squad while every other side addresses their weaknesses.

On 9/3/2016 at 17:27, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Cheers, did he play against us? Can't say I've heard of him :lol:

No, didn't make it off the bench in that one. He started against Clyde, Berwick & St. Mirren and has been restricted to sub appearances since.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Neither Oliver or Scullion are really centre forwards, yet McDonagh's offered so little so far they're already both ahead of him for a spot there. Although he's used McDonagh out wide as well. Possibly 6th choice now Orr is back from Livingston too: the problem isn't the number of centre forwards we have but the total lack of quality. Quitongo's an 18 year old who has just broken into the team, Oyenuga is unproven but hasn't impressed so far, Scullion and Oliver aren't really centre forwards, McDonagh has contributed nothing so far and Orr is back because he couldn't get a game for Livingston.

There's no doubt that we have the worst strikeforce in the league on paper, but Duffy's happy to 'wait and see' whether we need to add to the squad while every other side addresses their weaknesses.

No, didn't make it off the bench in that one. He started against Clyde, Berwick & St. Mirren and has been restricted to sub appearances since.

Pretty much what I thought then. Definitely reckon that could be Morton's biggest problem this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived