Aberdeen signing targets Summer 2016

No thread on this subject that I can find.Who is on the P&B Dons fans' summer wish list?

With DM describing Logan's contract extension as the first step of getting in the players he wants to strengthen the squad for next season, who would you like to see us getting in?

Sounds like there might be funds made available for modest transfer fees. 

I am rubbish at this sort of thing and can only list opposition players who have impressed me that I think might be in our price range. Hopefully some better informed Dandies will have more suitable, or realistic candidates.

Goalie:

Michael McGovern Hamilton

Defender: 

Deh ken. But a Centre Half and cover for Right Back is needed.

Midfielder:

Greg Tansey ICT

Abdul Osman Partick

Jackson Irvine Ross County

Murray Davidson St Johnstone

Forward:

Liam Boyce Ross County

Greg Stewart Dundee (could be out of our price range tbh).

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not just post this in the actual Aberdeen thread?

FWIW only three of those are even remotely close to being realistic

Billy McKay wouldn't be surprised

Is McKay out of contract at Wigan? I seem to remember Utd failed to agree a fee before taking him on loan, but wasn't there talk of him making the move permanent at the end of this season?

Think we'll be looking for Rogers to step up next season, and I don't think McGovern would be interested without being guaranteed first choice. I don't think he's much better than a good shot stopper anyway. In fairness to him, Oliver Kahn wouldn't be able to command that defence.

Agreed we definitely need a good centre back to partner Taylor. Preferrably of the clever, pacey type. Wonder if Chelsea would let us have Hector back for a year?

McInnes all but declared we weren't interested in Tansey anymore in a recent interview. Irvine's a strange one, done absolutely nothing against us, although he did look excellent against Hibs in the cup. He'd have to get his hair cut if he joined the Dons though, he looks like an ugly woman. Osman, I've honestly not noticed him in any of the Partick games this season. Davidson is the right style of player we need to toughen up, but he's far too lacking a footballer if we want to progress this summer.

I've been impressed by Faubert of the little I've seen him so far.

Not convinced by Boyce, but Stewart would make a good addition to keep McGinn on his toes if nothing else. Though I'm unsure whether we'd be able to strong-arm Dundee into accepting a reasonable offer (from our point of view). More likely that we'd try and get him on a pre-contract arrangement in January.

Otherwise, there isn't a huge amount of talent available on a free contract in Scotland this summer. Scott McDonald for a season or two could be worthwhile, and I've heard rumours about El Bakhtaoui.

I can see McGovern coming with Rogers returning as back up(might use him in the cups) and the young lad Lennox going out on loan. Brown and Collin GTF.

Definitely need a right sided CB and a tough tackling CM. I would personally like to see McGinn played more centrally with the young boy Wright given some game time (last 3 games are pretty meaningless anyway).

Out:

Collin

Brown

Smith(gets 5mins every 3 games so what's the point?)

Lennox- loan

In- probably McGovern although it feels a bit lazy and uninspiring.

CB

CM

Think we'll be looking for Rogers to step up next season, and I don't think McGovern would be interested without being guaranteed first choice. I don't think he's much better than a good shot stopper anyway. In fairness to him, Oliver Kahn wouldn't be able to command that defence.

Agreed we definitely need a good centre back to partner Taylor. Preferrably of the clever, pacey type. Wonder if Chelsea would let us have Hector back for a year?

McInnes all but declared we weren't interested in Tansey anymore in a recent interview. Irvine's a strange one, done absolutely nothing against us, although he did look excellent against Hibs in the cup. He'd have to get his hair cut if he joined the Dons though, he looks like an ugly woman. Osman, I've honestly not noticed him in any of the Partick games this season. Davidson is the right style of player we need to toughen up, but he's far too lacking a footballer if we want to progress this summer.

Not convinced by Boyce, but Stewart would make a good addition to keep McGinn on his toes if nothing else. Though I'm unsure whether we'd be able to strong-arm Dundee into accepting a reasonable offer (from our point of view). More likely that we'd try and get him on a pre-contract arrangement in January.

Otherwise, there isn't a huge amount of talent available on a free contract in Scotland this summer. Scott McDonald for a season or two could be worthwhile, and I've heard rumours about El Bakhtaoui.

What McInnes said regarding Tansey didnt make much sense to me. Something along the lines of only being interested in January because Jack and Flood were injured. What was the release clause, £250k? He must have been keen on Tansey as a long term first 11 player before he was looking to spend that kind of dough.

The arrogance of this post is ruined by the suggestion Fauberts a better central midfielder than Davidson

Is McKay out of contract at Wigan? I seem to remember Utd failed to agree a fee before taking him on loan, but wasn't there talk of him making the move permanent at the end of this season?

think he has two year left, but since Wigan went up think they'll be wanting to get rid of him and he won't be too much. No chance him staying at us anyway

The arrogance of this post is ruined by the suggestion Fauberts a better central midfielder than Davidson

Really? I was trying to be as modest as possible there. I guess we just learn superiority from a young age.

Kame Hemmings would be a great player to get hold off and the transfer fee would not be a problem. However, I assume he will have bigger fish to fry than Dundee and Aberdeen

I expect Brown, Collin, Robson, Goodwillie, Church to be released and Lennox/Rose marginal decisions but probably released too

Archived