Berwick Rangers 2016/17

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there's enough experience. Fairbairn, Walker (X2), Martin, Notman, Mckenna, Lavery, Sheerin. They've all got plenty of football behind them.

For me we need another centre-back like Mcgregor, an experienced play maker in the middle and some fast nippy youngsters.

I'm happy to see it too, I know we did reasonably well last season so good that we're building on that. The point I was making is the lack of first team news.

I know mate, I think the budget might be getting stretched now; but the good news is that the new youth coaching /scouting team are attracting young players of much nippyosity and no little talent! ðŸ‘

Love getting the news on massive changes within the club from diddies like Spittal Rovers. Can't wait for Highfields United to announce via their left back we're joining the EFL following the referendum result and for Tweedmouth Rangers to wish their Tea Lady luck as she moves to work in our new stadium.

Tits.

Is this going to be weekend matches for the U20s? If so I'm surprised the Border Amateurs has been preferred to the EOS League, or Lowland & EOS U20s.

Surely with it being amateur no one on a professional contract can play in it? rules out a number of the 20's

There is a developing Berwick Colts team which is intended to be an independent structure with strong links with BRFC. They will not be playing under the name of Berwick Rangers and their players will not be signed by Berwick Rangers, but playing in a Scottish league would make it easier for players to move between clubs.

The club have already told you they're about to sign 3 more. There's not much more they can do if they haven't actually signed anyone yet.

Happy with the cup draw today. Hopefully they bring a few down and we get it up them again. Heard Hoskins dad will miss it as he's actually in Marseille hunting Russians

Dougie's gonny get you,lol.

First friendly of the season tomorrow at Consett, so it'll be interesting to see if we have any trialists lining up to boost what is still a light-looking first team squad. Hearing two Hibs loanees (impressive ones too - East Fife will be raging..........) will be joining up on Sunday. Still rumours that Musselburgh central midfielder Steven Thompson will be signing though also heard that he may have joined Edinburgh City. We'll find out soon enough.

First friendly of the season tomorrow at Consett, so it'll be interesting to see if we have any trialists lining up to boost what is still a light-looking first team squad. Hearing two Hibs loanees (impressive ones too - East Fife will be raging..........) will be joining up on Sunday.

Doesn't bother me at all, more raging at the fact that Allan walker is still playing senior football.

Archived