Berwick Rangers 2016/17

Maybe Facebook is the best play for serious debate now as you can't hide behind a nickname. Even in the early days of Pie and Bovril it was still full of trolls and wind up merchants.

I actually thought there was some decent debate on the Cowden thread a couple weeks back, even if people disagree on things.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was said?

Apparently nothing we don't know. The keeper is mince, Johnny is as weak as the atmosphere in bedrocks on a Friday night in January and various others aren't up to scratch. Should he be voicing that at a function full of supporters?

2 hours ago, BerwickMad said:

Maybe Facebook is the best play for serious debate now as you can't hide behind a nickname. Even in the early days of Pie and Bovril it was still full of trolls and wind up merchants.

I actually thought there was some decent debate on the Cowden thread a couple weeks back, even if people disagree on things.

Dead right. Included posts from Red Mist and Dougster. The former having also left P&B because of Toytown Trolling, (but without having a hissy fit like me!)

But guess what. All fizzled out into some witless tosh about Charlie Denton.

1 hour ago, tescodave said:

Apparently nothing we don't know. The keeper is mince, Johnny is as weak as the atmosphere in bedrocks on a Friday night in January and various others aren't up to scratch. Should he be voicing that at a function full of supporters?

Suppose it depends on the context. Did he tell those players he'd be ribbing them beforehand? If so, fair enough - just humourous banter at a dinner. If not, then yeah. Decidedly dodgy.

Apparently nothing we don't know. The keeper is mince, Johnny is as weak as the atmosphere in bedrocks on a Friday night in January and various others aren't up to scratch.

He signed half of them so should probably be seen publicly to be backing them. They appear to be a sensitive bunch.

3 hours ago, Yellow Feet said:

He signed half of them so should probably be seen publicly to be backing them. They appear to be a sensitive bunch.

Most nancy boys are sensitive...

You would not catch real men taking the huff for being told they were not playing well enough, or for that matter if you disagreed with them.

5 hours ago, ewan_fife said:

One of the trialists is Renne Donkor

I don't know what he is doing in Scotland, but there's no way he will improve the squad. Only ever trained with FC Volendam here, was let go before reaching adulthood; the club has an okay youth department, so it's not like you're getting a diamond in the rough that didn't make the cut at a top club. Saw him play for the last club that had him under contract, SV Nieuw Utrecht (which is renowned for trouble on and off the pitch), pretty amazing even the likes of them let him go.

Would be a complete waste of budget, club doesn't need a 20 year old with no notable experience at centre back. Coff would have more success buying 'n fielding a second-hand fridge

Well that's a very positive start

If I may, although appreciating the local intel, I feel perhaps DB is being a little eager to look for the negative.

I thought after an edgy start he played very well, solid in the challenge, passed the ball ok and showed a real turn of pace on one counter attack. Not to be confined to the white-goods section just yet for me.

17 hours ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Discussion on our thread about clubs long serving players. Yellow Feet mentioned about Notman so had a look & thought I'd post my findings on your thread.

Steven Notman 244(11) app 13 goals

Huge achievement in this era.

Notman has been a real star at Berwick. He has regularly won a variety of player of the year awards at both right back and centre-mid. His work rate and defensive nous is second to none at this level.

I'd suggest that the only reason he hasn't played at a higher level is that his passing/creativity isn't desperately electric.

He's suffered this season due to having to do all the midfield defensive duties, and, more often than not, most of the defences defensive duties. He's good, but there aren't 6 of him.

Notman has been a real star at Berwick. He has regularly won a variety of player of the year awards at both right back and centre-mid. His work rate and defensive nous is second to none at this level.

I'd suggest that the only reason he hasn't played at a higher level is that his passing/creativity isn't desperately electric.

He's suffered this season due to having to do all the midfield defensive duties, and, more often than not, most of the defences defensive duties. He's good, but there aren't 6 of him.

I agree

Good post

Welcome back

Archived