Albion Rovers FC: Season 2016 - 2017

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another one off your list - Eddie Ferns signed for Stirling Albion.

Eddie was ok - but certainly wouldn't have been on my list to improve last years squad. Also as ive said someone else before I'd be pretty amazed If Love chose to go to Airdrie - he was literally chased out of the car park by some idiots and his car vandalised last time we played there ! 

going by Darren's interview on the site he seems to be trying his hardest to get top players - hopefully a few will bite. 

Another one off your list - Eddie Ferns signed for Stirling Albion.

Alloa release him as he's not good enough for a campaign in the division below. As tee says, he would be no enhancement to our squad.

What's happening with Scott mcbride?

What's happening with Scott mcbride?

Been offered terms for next season. Players current deals run until end of May

A mixed season. Second top goal scorer. Some very important contributions. But also some ineffective displays. Useful squad player, imo. Not bothered whether he stays or goes, myself.

A mixed season. Second top goal scorer. Some very important contributions. But also some ineffective displays. Useful squad player, imo. Not bothered whether he stays or goes, myself.

You might have said the same about Ally Love this time last year (I did - except I think he was third-top scorer.)

I'd much rather have McBride in our team than someone else's - especially if Love ends up getting a deserved move to full-timers or Championship-chasers.

Wow! You must be paying him a right few quid.

I did fear we'd lose him, but to a full-time Airdrie or promoted Stranraer.

Two year deal, so that may have swung it.

Good luck to Ally, but I had hoped if he was leaving us it would be a Mullin-esque move that we could use as a draw to future recruits. Or at least to a club who finished above us last season.

You know what you're getting with Love; he's a winner and he'll do plenty of harm to other teams but at least half his goals for the Rovers were opportune tap-ins, and Ross and Mick Dunlop are better than most at keeping those opportunities in low supply.

He played for Dumbarton this year. Didnt seem to be getting too many starts I think.

Will do very well in League 1 though

29 starts, 9 sub appearances, 3 goals. As The Moonster said he worked hard but was utterly woeful on the ball and rarely contributed anything going forward. Looked far better through the middle than on the wing, we played him there for 30 minutes against Hibs during which he scored a belter and then punted him wide again.

Like you say he should be a standout in this league when you play him through the middle. He was a standout against us in the Championship, just a shame things never worked out.

Anyway, sorry for hi-jacking yer thread 'vers.

No disrespect intended to Brechin but I thought if Love was going to move it would be upwards and onwards.Money must be talking here.

Well he is moving upwards in a way. He has moved up the country to Brechin.

Archived