Albion Rovers FC: Season 2016 - 2017

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From that list I think Nathan Blockley and Mark McGuigan would be good signings. I also think two good wingers would be good and possibly an improvement in goal.

I'm hoping for the same back four again. Two wingers to allow Reid and Turnbull do their job. One more man in centre midfield to help with hard work. A more physical striker and foil for Love.

That's a pretty comprehensive list (and I wouldn't mind seeing a few of them at Stenny next season) but I'm pretty sure Lee Kilday's just signed a two-year deal with Greenock Morton.

Pah! I saw his name on some Morton fans' "to punt" lists and thought he could be useful. As with many on that throw-away list, he'd have been a bit out of our reach anyway.

See also Andy Ryan, one of Bold's two picks - Dumbarton are supposedly in for him and you'd have to think he'd do well there.

Cox and Lister both on Young's wishlist apparently. Both would be good signings, Lister in particular. Still one of the best forwards in this division and very effective. I would have liked to have kept him but there was no chance he was signing a full - time contract at his age and considering he has a good job outside of football.

Glad to see Alan Reid has resigned, he's been a great servant to the club and has been part of a very consistent defence along with the Dunlop's.

I remember hearing a few months back that Ross Dunlop was signed up until the end of next season, any word on his brother?

Apparantly after longworth too,

A very good reliable source has told me Parry got in contact with the club, he was told he would be offered a contract if Ross stewart wasn't going to sign, as parry wouldn't be a definite fist choice and may not be happy sitting on bench some weeks, I think he understood that an thought fair enough, as far as my source was aware stewart was going to sign an that was the end of it.

Would take cox in a heartbeat also the Cowdenbeath striker is it shields? Basically anyone who is a proven scorer at this level as I think that is the main thing missing

Apparantly after longworth too,

A very good reliable source has told me Parry got in contact with the club, he was told he would be offered a contract if Ross stewart wasn't going to sign, as parry wouldn't be a definite fist choice and may not be happy sitting on bench some weeks, I think he understood that an thought fair enough, as far as my source was aware stewart was going to sign an that was the end of it.

Would take cox in a heartbeat also the Cowdenbeath striker is it shields? Basically anyone who is a proven scorer at this level as I think that is the main thing missing

Greig Spence?

Would love him at ARFC but I expect him to be looking at a full-time move. Ross Caldwell from Cowden would be an ideal signing though, he's too good for League Two.

Greig Spence?

Would love him at ARFC but I expect him to be looking at a full-time move. Ross Caldwell from Cowden would be an ideal signing though, he's too good for League Two.

In January, I hoped we would go for Caldwell but he hasn't been a roaring success at Cowden. Certainly could see him and Love being a decent pairing. Anyone have info on Ross Davidson?

Cawley used to be good. Have Alloa released him?

He played for Dumbarton this year. Didnt seem to be getting too many starts I think.

Will do very well in League 1 though

From the list on page 1, there's a couple I wouldn't be adverse to us taking a punt on...

Jamie Longworth and bringing Scott Agnew home being two of them.

Of the ones on this list released by us, I was disappointed we let Taggart go. He could certainly do a job for someone in this division, as could Cawley, albeit he's a bit lightweight and flits in and out of games.

He played for Dumbarton this year. Didnt seem to be getting too many starts I think.

Will do very well in League 1 though

He started his fair share, we just kept playing him wide on the right which doesn't suit him and he put in a few stinkers out there. I was a bit surprised we released him though and I expect he'd be a really good signing for anyone in this division.

Greig Spence?

Yes spence or the boy Thompson at Brechin

Really just someone who will put the ball in the net every week

Good luck to Albion Rovers Under-19s in the Scottish Cup Final tomorrow.

Does anyone know the status of this team in relation to the club? Is it an arms-length club using the AR name or is it fully incorporated into ARFC? It isnt possible to say from the website.

Also, and perhaps more importantly, are there any promising players in that team currently who could be signed up for next season? Following on from Paul Archibald.

Does anyone know the status of this team in relation to the club? Is it an arms-length club using the AR name or is it fully incorporated into ARFC? It isnt possible to say from the website.

Also, and perhaps more importantly, are there any promising players in that team currently who could be signed up for next season? Following on from Paul Archibald.

I think the Youth teams are at arms length from the club

Game is Sunday btw. It's arms length to an extent. A few, if not all of the boys have trained with the full team. A couple have been listed as trialists and sat on the bench during a few games this season. Only Paul has played tho. Heard a couple of the team are very decent. Still very young tho - all still at school I think. the guys behind the team have embraced the Rovers name fully and hopefully will continue to be successful.  One of our directors was chatting to Paul en route to Peterhead. "so Paul I hope your enjoying the chance to play....etc etc.. What is it you do as a living ? P: "I'm at school sitting my exams" ha ha. 

tee k

Archived