Albion Rovers FC: Season 2016 - 2017

A place for discussion of all things ARFC for the next year.

News, signings, releases, season tickets, preseason information and general chatter welcome.

Following on from the managers note to fans yesterday, I would like to echo his sentiments that the strong performance of the club must be backed up by stronger support from the fans. I think as a small club where we can't easily exchange thoughts with fellow supporters that a strong online presence is vital so I am urging anyone with ARFC sentiments to commit to getting involved this season in this thread early and often.

Go Albion Rovers.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read just now that McRobbie, Talu and Kerjean have been released, and Andy Barrowman is retiring. Replacing and upgrading on all four of them would be an encouraging start to the close season.

Not surprised to hear about clubs trying to tap up our top scorer. I wouldn't be surprised if the other team was Dumbarton - with him on board you certainly wouldn't go down without a fight.

Not surprised to hear about clubs trying to tap up our top scorer. I wouldn't be surprised if the other team was Dumbarton - with him on board you certainly wouldn't go down without a fight.

We may well yet throw something his way but at the moment he has 3 offers all from this division.

Will Ally Love be willing to go full time at Airdire ? 

I'm led to believe he doesn't want full-time but who knows what Airdrie have offered.

My mistake - I missed the "in this division" bit. Not that long ago his brother got us promoted, kept us up, scored a double-figure number of goals then left us for Stranraer...perhaps that Love story will repeat itself.

Ally has proven himself and has earned every offer he gets, but he should choose wisely.

While I wouldn't begrudge Love a move, I think if Young can find some better attacking colleagues next year, the great effort he puts in will be seen to better effect and could perhaps get him a better move.

Good luck to him either way.

My mistake - I missed the "in this division" bit. Not that long ago his brother got us promoted, kept us up, scored a double-figure number of goals then left us for Stranraer...perhaps that Love story will repeat itself.

....and Robert ended up Junior after a season warming the Stanraer bench

Sometimes the furthest field is not always greener.

Alan Reid has signed for what will be his testimonial season.

Terrific news! Personally I think Reidy is the best player at the club and im ad delighted as one can be for someone they don't know that he'll be receiving a testimonial - it's thoroughly deserved and hopefully will earn him a nice sum.

I must say also, credit to the Official Website on regular updates lately. It really does encourage interaction with and between fans which is the way to raise the profile of the club.

Good times.

Superb news about Reid. Rovers legend.

would be very surprised If Love chose Airdrie - last time he was there was was hounded into his car while their 'fans' kicked f**k out of it ! 

Tee

Some good news so far, with hopefully more to come. I'm a wee bit surprised we didn't release Mark Ferry, but he certainly says the right things in his interview on the official site. 

Love is an essential re-signing for me, whether we sign the similar David Cox or not.

The re-signings are a very positive start, but even though I was proven wrong to criticise Young last Summer, I'd like to see a bigger recruitment drive this year. We won't be written off as relegation fodder quite so quickly this time, and I expect that will play a huge part in the manager's ability to pitch ARFC to some proper 'ballers. Boasting about Josh Mullin won't hurt either. Plenty of players are being released by other clubs already, many of whom would have been on my list.

Some good news so far, with hopefully more to come. I'm a wee bit surprised we didn't release Mark Ferry, but he certainly says the right things in his interview on the official site. 

Love is an essential re-signing for me, whether we sign the similar David Cox or not.

I, too, would have released Ferry, and wouldn't be sorry to see Willis away also. I hope Mick Dunlop still feels he has the legs for it - certainly has the head. Get him his badges and a part-time job-for-life offer, I say. Ross Davidson would be another good capture. Let's start a realistic wish list of newcomers - who's first?

Let's start a realistic wish list of newcomers - who's first?

GK:

Neil Parry

Andy McNeil

Grant Adam

Wullie Muir

DF:

Chris Smith

Jordan Halsman

Bryan Wharton

Frank McKeown

Kieran MacDonald

Michael Travis